Stay | 028

WRONG NUMBER
- Nevaeh -

Saying goodbye isn't easy.

Billie has to go back home today because she's busy and I, of course, respect that, but I'm still going to miss her.

Screw me for falling in love with someone who lives all the way in California.

I wouldn't change a thing though.

Well, I would. I'd change one thing and that would be making Billie live closer.

It's hard only being able to see the person you love on a phone screen instead of right in front of you.

"Baby, I promise I'll come see you again soon." Billie sighs, hugging me. "I know, I'm just gonna miss you." I sniffle. She frowns and wipes the salty tears running down my face with her thumb. "We're gonna be okay."

"I wish you didn't live so far." I sigh. "One day, baby. One day." She smiles reassuringly. "I love you." I smile sadly and kiss her. "I love you." She echoes.

"Guys, come on, we're gonna be late." Isaiah says, coming into my room. "Oh, were you guys having a.. moment?" He grimaces. "If by moment you mean crying over my long distance girlfriend having to leave then yes, we were." I roll my eyes. "I'm sorry, Vae." He sighs. "It's alright." I shrug.

Isaiah comes over and hugs the both of us. "You guys are gonna be okay. You've done this before."

"Thanks, Zay." Billie smiles at him. "Of course, but we really need to go because Billie's flight takes off in like, 2 and a half hours.." Isaiah adds.

"Oh, fuck." I jump up from the bed, Billie doing the same. The three of us walk out of my bedroom and Billie and I get our shoes on.

"Bye, Sunny baby." Billie coos at Sunny, petting her quickly. She grabs her suitcase and the three of us get in the elevator, heading down to the parking lot.

Billie puts her bag in the trunk of Isaiah's car and we get in the backseat, Isaiah getting in the driver's seat. "You guys ready?" He asks us. "Mhm." I nod.

He starts driving and I lay my head on Billie's shoulder. "It's okay, angel." She sighs, kissing my head. "I'm gonna be back very soon, like, very soon."

"That's probably a few weeks." I shrug. "Yeah.. something like that." She nods. "I'm gonna miss you so much, Bil." I sigh. "I'm gonna miss you too, baby." She says. "You're gonna do great today, okay?"

Today, my dance company has recitals, so I have to be there a little bit after we drop Billie off. Recital season is always stressful, but my students have been practicing for a while, so everything should go well.

I just wish Billie was here to see.

"Yeah." I nod sadly. Leaning into her touch, Billie wraps her arms around me. "Vae, please don't be sad. You're gonna be okay."

"It's hard to not be sad, I just love being with you." I shrug my shoulders. "I know, baby, I love being with you too, but don't be sad, alright? Trust me, Vaeh." She tells me.

"Okay."

That's a lie. I'm still going to be sad regardless. I don't know why she doesn't seem that sad about it. She was last time?