Nightmares & Pancakes | 031

WRONG NUMBER
- Nevaeh -

"Hi, sweetheart, I'm b-"

Once I walk in the apartment, I see Billie, on the couch, kissing another girl. The girl has her shirt off and she's on Billie's lap.

"What the fuck?!" I shout. Billie pushes the girl off and rolls her eyes. "Baby, this isn't a great time, you should go."

"Baby? Are you fucking kidding me?" I yell. The girl glares at me, putting on her shirt as she walks out. Billie walks over to me and I shout "Billie, what the f-"

She cuts me off by slapping my face. "What the hell is wrong with you?" I start crying and she rolls her eyes again. "You're seriously pathetic."

Why is she treating me like this?

She's cheating on me and now, she hits me?

"You're crying over this? God, no wonder your ex abused you." She scoffs.

Tears start falling more and more and she pushes me back. "I don't know why I ever wanted to date you." Billie grumbles.

I can't believe this.

"Baby, baby, wake up!"

I feel someone shaking me and I open my eyes to see Billie. "Don't fucking touch me!" I shout, lightly pushing her off.

I put my head in my hands and start to cry once again. "Angel, what's wrong?" Billie asks.

"You know what's wrong!"

"Baby, you were having a nightmare. You were shaking and crying and I was trying to wake you up." She frowns.

It was just a nightmare?

"It felt so real." I say. "I know, baby, but I'm right here, okay? Can I hug you?" Billie questions and I hesitantly nod. She wraps me in a tight hug and kisses my forehead.

I start crying into her chest and she rubs my back to comfort me. "It's okay, baby, it's okay." She whispers.

"I don't want it, and I don't want to want you. But in my dreams, I seem to be more honest and I must admit you've been in quite a few." She starts singing. "What are you doing?" I ask through tears.

"Just focus on my voice, angel."

She finishes singing Halley's Comet to me and I finally calm down. "How are you feeling?" Billie asks softly. "I'm okay." I shrug.

It all felt so real.

I'm just so glad it was a dream.

"Can you tell me what happened?"

"Uh, I had a dream you cheated on me, you said.. some, uh.." I sigh before finishing my sentence. "You said some mean things and then, you hit me." I say.

"Oh, baby, I'm so sorry." Billie hugs me tightly again. "You know I'd never ever do that to you, right?"

"I know." I nod slowly. "I love you so much, Nevaeh." She whispers. "I love you more, baby." I respond.