Hospitals are boring | 055

WRONG NUMBER
- Nevaeh -

My eyes open and I try to sit up quickly, but I feel a sharp pain in my stomach.

"Where the fuck am I?" I shout.

"Angel?"

I look to my right and see Billie sitting on a small couch. "Bil?"

"Oh my god, baby, you're awake!" She gets up and hugs me tightly, kissing my face over and over again.

"Holy shit, hold on!" She runs out of the room yelling "Doctor, she's awake!"

Am I in a hospital?

A man comes back in with Billie. "Oh thank goodness. Nevaeh, I'm Dr. Williamson. I've been taking care of you."

"Why am I here?" I ask. "What happened?"

"You don't remember?"

"No...?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"You were shot."

"WHAT?" I yell. "I know, I know, it's a lot to hear, but you're okay now. The bullet got removed and you're all sewn up and you'll be good." He says. "You hit your head really hard when you went out, so you've been unconscious for almost a day."

"D-did they get the man from the gas station?" I ask. "Yes, baby, they did." Billie says. "He's gonna be put away for a long, long time."

"Where's Zay? Where's Gabe?"

"They're coming, baby, I texted them. They were getting coffee with Finneas and Claudia." She replies. "They came too?" I ask her. "Of course. Everyone's been so worried about you, angel. Even my parents came. They're at home now, but they visited earlier." She tells me.

"I'll give you two time to talk. You know where to find me if you need me." He says to Billie before walking out of the room.

Billie climbs in my bed and she wraps me in her arms, letting me lay my head on her chest. "I was so worried, angel." She whispers as she runs her fingers through my hair.

"I'm okay, sweetheart. You really think I could ever leave you without saying goodbye?" I chuckle, making her smile.

"Please don't ever leave me, baby. I need you like I need fucking oxygen to breathe." She laughs. "You're so cheesy." I giggle. "Well I thought my fiancée was dead so let me be!" She huffs.

"Almost took 'angel' too literally." I joke.

She rolls her eyes at me, looking at me with a serious expression. "That is not funny, Nevaeh."

"It is to me, I'm the one who got shot!" I say. "Ugh, shut up." She says before kissing me. "I love you so so much."

"I love you more." I smile and kiss her forehead. "And you know I would never leave you. If I'm on my deathbed and you're not laying next to me, I ain't dying." I roll my eyes.

"What if I died first?" She says, grinning mischievously. "Oh, I'd kill myself at your funeral." I shrug. "You're used to it by now anyways."