Just a dream | 048

WRONG NUMBER
- Nevaeh -
2 weeks later...

I've been out of the psych ward for two weeks and I've actually been doing a lot better. I'm back in therapy and things have been great. Billie's been working with Finneas over FaceTime since she won't go home even though I assured her that I'm okay.

Her and Isaiah check on my constantly because they're always worried which is understandable. I love both of them so much and it's sweet that they care so much, but I still need my space sometimes. Billie respects that and always makes sure I'm alright though.

Right now, I'm in a therapy session so I'm getting some time alone. Well, with my therapist, of course, but you get what I mean.

"So, have you done any of the things we talked about last session? Making reminders to take your medication, meditation, or any of your coping skills?" My therapist, Natalia asks.

"For the reminders, my girlfriend makes sure I take my meds every morning, so I don't really need that." I chuckle. "Meditation, I haven't done it a ton, but trying it when I was stressed calmed me down a lot." I add.

"What about any of your DBT skills?" She asks. If you don't know, DBT stands for dialectical behavior therapy. "Yeah, I've been doing those sometimes and some of the coping skills I learned in the psych ward." I reply.

"That's great, Nevaeh. I'm very proud of you." Natalia smiles. "Thank you." I grin. "Now, for another question; do you think you rely on Billie and Isaiah a lot?" She questions. "Not really. I mean, sometimes, but they're always checking on me wether I like it or not." I shrug my shoulders.

"Do you think independency is an issue for you?" She asks. "No, I like doing things on my own actually." I tell her. "What about your girlfriend?" Natalia quizzes. "I know you shouldn't depend on a person to live, but without her, I don't know what Id do. Billie just makes me feel so much better. She's truly changed my life for the better and I'm so grateful for her." I say. "I'm so glad she's made that difference for you." She grins.

So am I.

Billie has made my life so much better.

˗ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ˗

Our session finished up, so I'm on the way home now. I'm super tired and haven't slept good in a while, so hopefully I'll be able to sleep when I get home.

Once I get to the apartment building, I get out of my car and walk up the stairs to the third floor. I get my key out and open the door before walking in and taking off my shoes. "I'm home!" I call out to Billie and Isaiah. "I'm in here, baby!" Billie says from the kitchen.

I turn the corner and see her in the kitchen, cooking on the stove. I come up to her and wrap my arms around her waist, planting a kiss on her neck. "Hi, baby."

"Hi, angel." She smiles and turns around to kiss my lips. "How was therapy today?" Billie asks. "It was pretty good." I shrug. "You feeling okay?" She asks as she brushes my hair out of my face and studies my expression. "Mhm." I nod my head. "I missed you."

"I missed you too, baby girl." She sighs and kisses my forehead. "I'm making you something to eat. I figured you'd be hungry when you got home."

"Oh, thank you, sweetheart." I grin. "You're the sweetest, baby."

"Only for you, my love." Billie says. "Ew, we're so soft and gross." She gags. "What happened to us?" I joke. "The homosexuality took over." She pouts her lips jokingly. "Aw, man." I sigh before the two of us laugh. "I love you." I chuckle and kiss her again. "I love you." Billie repeats.