Accept it | 014

WRONG NUMBER
                                      - Billie -

"Hey, angel?" I say to Nevaeh since we're on FaceTime, but it's been kind on quiet.

"Yeah, Bil?" She asks. "What are you drawing?" I ask her. She's been drawing something in her notebook while we talk, but I haven't seen it.

"You." She shrugs. "What? You're drawing.. me?" My eyes widen. "Yeah, I'm bored and you're right here, so why not?" She laughs.

"Can I see?" I ask. "Not yet. In a few." She tells me. "Wait, since you're drawing me, that basically means you're in love with me." I smirk.

"Haha, no." She says, unamused. "Ugh, why don't you like me, Vae?" I groan. "That list is still an offer." She reminds me with an innocent smile.

"Rude." I sigh. "Do you have work today, baby?" I ask her and she rolls her eyes. "Okay, fine. I take back the 'baby.'" I add.

"Good. Anyways, no, I don't." She says and I nod. "Vae, weird question, but can I get Isaiah's number?" I randomly ask. "Uhh, why? You know he's gay.. right?" She says. "Yeah, obviously, dumbass." I roll my eyes. "And no reason, I just want his number." I lie. I actually want it for a specific reason, but it's a surprise for another time.

"Um, okay." She laughs. "I'll text it to you." She tells me. "Alright, thank you." I say.

"No problem." She smiles softly. "I'm fucking cold." She rubs her arms and grabs a hoodie, putting it on. I smile to myself when I realize it's the hoodie I gave her. "You've been wearing my hoodie a lot, huh?"

"It's comfy. I see why it was one of your favorites." She chuckles. "Vae, your favorite color is blue, right?" I ask her. "Yeah." She nods. "Oh, okay, thank God." I laugh to myself. "Why..?" She furrows her eyebrows.

"No reason." I lie. "Billie, why?" She repeats with a sigh. "I might've sent you something else." I shrug.

"Billie, you don't have to send me stuff. I don't like that you're using your money on me." She tells me. "Nevaeh, I love giving people gifts. It's one of my love languages." I say.

"Love?" Her eyes widen. "W-well, yeah, but like.. I- I didn't mean it like that." I shake my head."No, I get what you mean, Bil, it just glitched when you said 'love,' so I was double checking." She laughs.

"Oh, okay, phew." I let out a sigh of relief. "You overthink a lot, you know." She giggles. "I know, I already told you this." I roll my eyes.

"You can relax, Billie, you don't have to be nervous around me." She laughs softly. "I-I'm not nervous." I deny. "Sure." She says sarcastically. "Okay, whatever. Vae, I gotta go, but I'll call you later, okay, angel?" I tell her. "Oh, okay." I notice her sort of frown. Wait, does Nevaeh actually wanna keep talking to me? She's never like this.

"It's okay, angel. I'll text you, I promise." I say. "Alright, bye, Bil." She gives me a small smile. "Bye, Vaeh." I smile and hang up.

It's almost like Vae has been getting more used to me now. Before, she really didn't want anything to do with me, but now, she's kind of nicer, honestly.

I really like her.

- Nevaeh -

I frown once Billie hangs up. I don't know why, but I feel like I'm starting to get more attached to her. She makes me feel special, honestly. "Isaiah, can you come here?" I call out to Isaiah.

"Yeah, what's up?" He comes in and sits down on my bed. "Um, Zay, I think I'm really starting to like Billie." I admit to him. "Fuck yes! I knew it!" He exclaims excitedly. "Okay, I'm thinking red flowers for your wedding." He smirks.

"Slow your roll, kid. I'm not fucking marrying her." I roll my eyes. "Not yet." He sings. "Isaiah, shut the fuck up." I grumble. "No, because you want Billie to fu-"

I cover his mouth to stop him from what he's saying. "Enough." I huff. "I regret my word choices." He bows his head and sighs. "Yeah, you should." I sigh.

"Yeah, you should." He mocks me. "Isaiah fucking Jordan, I'll actually rock your shit." I threaten him jokingly.

"Says you, you're short as shit. Fucking try me." He grins mischievously. "Just because I'm short doesn't mean I can't beat your ass." I say. "Um, it kind of does." He says in a 'duh' voice.

"Okay, before you start getting all moody and shit, let's talk about something else. So, more of Billie. Spill because I'm bored." He lays down on his stomach and props his head up with his hand.

"Uhm... oh, she said she sent me something else." I tell him. "Oh shit, she did? You've been wearing her hoodie a lot and you haven't taken that necklace off once since you got it." He smirks.

"W-well.. yeah, cause like, it was a gift." I stutter, getting flustered thinking about Billie. "Damn, and I thought Billie was the only one who was down bad." He snickers. "I'm not down bad, dumbass." I roll my eyes at him. "You literally are." He says.

"I'm literally not." I correct him. "Shut your ass up." He throws a pillow at me. "Hey, be careful of the baby!" I say, shielding Sunny who's asleep on my other pillow. "Ugh, you treat her like a little baby." He scoffs. "Yeah, because she is one, dipshit." I remind him.

"See, this is why I let you keep her in your room. You're literally such a dog mom." He chuckles. "Indeed I am." I nod proudly.

"I can step out as her dad so Billie can be her other mom." He winks. "Get out, dumbass." I punch his arm. "Wow, rude, but okay." He puts his hands up in defense. "Goodnight, Vae. Try not to dream about Billie too much!" He calls out as he walks to his room. "Try not to be annoying so I don't suffocate you in your sleep!" I sing the word 'sleep.'

"I'll just lock my door." He shouts to me. "I'll just pick the lock." I say. "I'll block the door with my desk." He says back. "Okay, too much work. Goodnight, I love you." I laugh.

"I love you too, Vae." He chuckles and shuts the door to his room.

I turn my lamp off and lay my head down to go to sleep.

I didn't think I actually would, but I'm starting to really come to terms with it.

I like Billie.

a/n 🤍

no shit nevaeh 💀