A Mother

Monday April 22nd7:00am

Monday
April 22nd
7:00am

- N A O M I -

*Beep* *Beep* *Beep* *Beep*

Nothing annoys me more, than this annoying iPhone alarm. But as much as it's annoying, it's the only thing that can wake me out of bed.

After using one hand to search for my phone, without looking at it I press the off button.

Maybe 5 more mins wont hurt.

Yep.

With the sudden dip in my bed, I feel tiny hands touching both side of my face. A kiss following after.

Without opening my eyes, I return the kiss.

"Good morning to you too munchkin"

"Guu moning" said Imani.

Imani is my 3 year old little big woman. The reason I try at life, the sunshine to my cloudy days. My lifetime motivation.

Aside from my sister, she's literally the only human I can say loves me for just me.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Now jumping on the bed, she goes to say "Can I have my favouwit for bweakfast"

"Sure, can you give mommy a second to get out of bed"

"Okay"

Attempting to roll out of bed, doing a double back, I went right back under the comforter.

Let's admit it, no one wants to leave a comfy bed.

But you have a child that needs to be fed and prepare for pre-school.

Right.

With that thought, I try attempting a second time. But this time a success.

I made my way to the bathroom and did my morning routine, followed up with Imani's routine. When finished I spread my bed and placed her uniform for the day on it.

Heading to the kitchen, my phone starts ringing.

Looking at the screen, I realized it's her dad. After swiping the call icon, I then placed it on the phone holder positioned beside her high chair.

"Imani, daddy is on the phone"

Hearing her little foot steps coming into the kitchen, when in front me I placed her in her high chair handing her, her orange juice.

"Hi daddy".

"Thank you", I said.

"I towry, tank you"

"Mhm"

"Good Morning princess, did daddy's babygirl sleep well".

Leaving them to having their conversation, I made my way around the kitchen preparing her breakfast and packing her lunch bag for the day.

When complete, I placed her breakfast in front her, hand her a spoon and remove the phone from the holder when I realized her dad was busy.

*Knock, knock, knock*

Making my way through the living room and at the front door, before opening, I took a glance at myself in the mirror positioned at the side.

Realizing I look presentable, I then proceed to open.

"..."

"..."

" Hi, so sorry to be banging so early in the morning, but I'm new to the neighborhood and I decide to gift my newly neighbors a plant, grown by yours truly as a peace offering".

"..."

" Sorry if I interrupted you, I can just leave it right at the side here".

Catching myself, realizing I was staring too hard, I cleared my throat " Uhm excuse my manners, but yes, thanks", pointing to the side that had a few of my own plants "you can just rest it right there"

Hearing shuffling from my phone, my heart skipped a beat, realizing I didn't hang up.

"Yuh know me forget seh yuh on the phone, mani is eating so ill call you back when she's dressed and ready"

"Ah mad".

Making sure the call ended this time, I placed it in my pajama pockets. Giving the man in front me my attention.

"Sorry about that, let me formally introduce myself" with an out stretched hand he then says.. "I'm Isaiah, but my friend's call Kam, either one is fine".

With a smile, I shook his hand and did the same "Naomi".

"Mommy Finish".

"Okay, I'll be right there".

After seeing that Imani was out of sight, I then turned around to this fine human at my door. " thanks again for the gift, ill make sure to take good care of it" pointing behind me, I then said "but if you don't mind I have to go get my little munchkin ready for school".

"Sure.... Naomi, if you happen to need anything, I'm a house away, literally".

Chuckling, I gave him a small wave, and waited for him to enter on his lawn before closing my door.

Time to get this little girl ready for her day.

____________________________

Was a bit skeptical about the first chapter, but I'm content :)

Constructive criticism is appreciated here ☺️

Vote and Share 🫶🏾

- Chyna