Her Choice

WednesdayMay 1st11:15pm

Wednesday
May 1st
11:15pm

- R O M E -

It's days like this I wish I'd gotten my shit together, so I could have someone to look forward to coming home to.

You take it up on your head to take her two days early enuh.

Know dat, but I could tell how stress she was. As much as I have my plate full, it's only fair that I give her at least a day or two to relax.

Right, Right.

C'yan isn't scheduled to be here until Friday, so it's me handling all of Iman's necessities until then.

Stressed is an understatement.

Scratching my head, I take a glance at the time.

11:15pm

On a regular night, Imani would've been sleep by now. But without her nanny, I'm stuck with figuring out.

"Want juice box" at the sound of her voice I look beside me, watching as she plays with the hem of her blanket.

"Not now boogs, remember daddy already brushed your teeth?"

"Otay"

"Want to talk to mommy, have her sing you a lullaby and I tuck you in"

"Yaay mommy"

Taking her by her hand, I walk my way over to her room. Switching off all lights, leaving only her nightlights on.

Watching her cuddle under the sheets, I get comfy beside her, pressing the call icon beside her mother's contact.

Listening as the phone rings out, going to voicemail, I redial.

Answering on the third ring, "Rome", sounding inaudible.

"Sleeping?"

"Yea, whats wrong, is Imani okay?"

Jah, her motherly instinct never miss.

"Oh, sorry fi wake yuh" looking over at Imani, her smile bright "cyah get her fi sleep, think yuh can help me out?"

Seeing as she's requesting video call, accepting, I position the phone so Imani could see her.

"Why arent you sleeping little miss?"

Shrugging, she takes the phone from my hold, getting more comfy.

Listening as Naomi shuffles on the other end of the line, she starts singing lowly. Not sure whats this song.

Taking in her voice, it clicks.

Mama's Hand - Queen Naija

At the sound of her voice, memories starts flooding in.