Father of two?

2 Weeks Later

2 Weeks Later

July
Thursday 11

- N A O M I -

"Happy birthday baby babygirl" we both say in unison.

Standing together at Imani's bed, watching as she rub her eyes and yawn tiredly.

Today she turns big four and just as every other birthday, we greet her with a jumbo cupcake with a candle and a few gifts.

Her frown now turned upside down, she jumps on the bed excitedly.

"Happy birthday to mee" she giggles.

"Make a wish mama" I instruct her and she goes to blow the candle but not before closing her eyes whispering her wish.

"I'm big girl now."

"Daddy's big girl" he ruffles her hair and laugh.

"That's right, let's go get you ready for the day" she follows behind me as we enter the ensuite bathroom.

Placing her on her stool before starting her routine, Rome comes at the door.

"Downstairs yere"

"Okay" Imani says and I nod in response.

When finished with her routine and combed her hair, we walk back into the room and into her closet to choose an outfit.

Taking out two separate outfit, I hold them up in each hand "your choice, this one or that one?" I say.

Putting her index finger on her cheek, she looks in between both thinking. Pointing at the dress instead of the two pieces shorts set, she says "this one".

"Good choice, come on let's get you dressed."

"Want to open the gifts now or later?" I add.

Deciding on later I finish getting her ready for the day and take her hand to descend the stairs.

Entering the kitchen, I find Rome....making breakfast?

Den him live yah?

"Please don't burn my house down." I say putting Imani in her chair.

Turning to him flipping the eggs he looks over his shoulder at me "never seh me a chef enuh but me can help mi self, yuh know this."

Turning around to focus he says lowly "nuh have chef money like yuh man."

Wouldn't name weh him name if him never bring that up.

Rolling my eyes I go to stand beside him, back lean towards the counter and arms folded. "thanks for taking care of her event, took a major load off my shoulder."

Not sparing me a glance, he removed the eggs placing them in the plate and start preparing the waffle maker.

"Dat soft yah still me baby mother, so anything fi make yuh function at your best me ago dweet."