Two Can Play

Following Day

                           - I S A I A H -

                           - I S A I A H -

At this point my patience is running thin. My integrity on not hitting woman is the only reason I haven't slapped the f—ck outta her to wake up.

Across from me is Jay. Nonchalantly he's smoking a blunt. To him, he's here because I need help getting information out of Emiza. But in reality, he's here 'cause I want to see her face when she sees him here. With me.

If Emiza is working with his brother, her first reaction when she wakes and sees him will give me enough evidence to tell if he's working with them too.

What if she acts oblivious? What then?

Let's see.

Growing impatient, I walk over and grab the bucket filled with water and ice. This must wake har up.

Hearing jay chuckle to himself, I aim it over her head and empty it in one go.

As thought, she wakes instantly. Jolting, she fails. Looking down at her foot that's bound to the ground with chains. She look up at me, frantically she gets to yelling.

"Are you f—cking crazy?"

"Perché cazzo sono in catené?"

("Why the f—ck am I in chains")

"No comprendo" I reply. No have the time fi speak no foreign language right now.

She laughs. Twisting her hands behind her, she snaps to herself in Italian when she realize there's no point in moving.

"Yo fawud" I call Jay over to me.

He moves off. She looks over at him. Confusion quickly covers here face. Her eyes squinting. Brows furrowed. She looks between us a few more time. Bewildered.

"So what, y'all working together now? I thought you wanted this nigga dead" She says to him.

Just as her, his brows meet. But his body language shows calmness. Not the slightest bit of change in his form is evident. Either he's good at acting, or.

"Dah mad gyal yah a chat bout?" He release a cloud of smoke.

"What he said....Watchu talking bout?" I pose his question to her.

She begin laughing "don't act as if you're clueless" she turns to me "him and your bitch's baby father came to kill you that night. Claiming you're a threat to his establishment."

Rome? As in Naomi's baby father? The nigga life I've been spearing for the sake of Imani. Knowing how important it is to grow up with a father.

It's always the play you neglect to make.

Facts. Never have I yet missed the opportunity to make a crucial move. Now me G under ground and me nephew ago grow up without him 'cause a it.

With the thought of OG being right about 'my lack of' since being with Ny, I shake my head to get rid of it instantly. There's no way I can put this f—ck up on my relationship. Since the beginning she warned me to stay on top of my game.