Good-Bye

2 Weeks Later

This might just be one of the worst days of my life

This might just be one of the worst days of my life. Mi did think mi could a manage but it painful yuh f—ck.

It's been more than ten minutes since I've been standing here. Looking down at his lifeless body in the glass casket.

Him look peaceful.

I drove in the hearse with his mother and sisters to the gravesite. Out of respect, they gave me time alone with him when we arrived.

You one brave eeh.

Hearing the screeching tires against the rocky road, it confirms that everyone else are approaching. Ready to commence the final lap of his send off.

I wipe my face with the rag. But it doesn't stop the tears from flowing. Resting my hand on his, I rub my fingers against the satin white gloves.

I smile "I remember the first day we met as if it was yesterday."

Kaylan a cyah di dead body yah chat to?

"You were so persistent. You gave me no choice but to give you my number....."

"....and from then you made me go against everything I stand for. And still is."

I sniffle and heave a sigh "...his name is Prince. The last day you visited my house you called him that. Demanding me to tell you he was yours."

My vision becomes blurry. Kicks can now be felt from Prince as he dances around in my belly.

Resting my other hand on my bump, I sniffle "I was going to tell you. They just never gave me the chance to. They took you away from me. From us...."

"...but mommy says you're alive in spirit. That's as much hope I need to know that you'll be watching over Prince when he enters this world...."

"....ago make sure him know bout yuh and assure him everyday that you love him."

I let go of his hand and look up to the sky. The tears continue to stream down my face.

Feeling a light tap on my shoulder, I look behind me. With only the sight of family members and friends walking towards us, I turn around and look back down at him.

Suddenly I feel the wind blowing against my face. With no trees surrounding us, I smile softly taking it as his confirmation that he heard me.

With a hand being snuggled around my waist, I'm slowly being removed from his casket. Not once did my eyes leave him.

Pulling me to stand where the immediate family stood, I continue to wipe away the tear stain. Placing the shades down to cover my eyes once done.

"Family members, loved ones and well wisher...." Zoning out the pastor as he concludes the ceremony. I look around at everyone in attendance.