Beginning of the End?

Two Days Later

- N A O M I -

It's been two days since I've been anywhere and done anything. Two days sleeping to recover from that night. Two days since I've seen my daughter or anyone else other than Kam.

Aside from the times he would bring me food or when I would shower, the bed has been my safe space.

When yuh see liquor yuh fi cut yuh eye dem, cause yooouu neva make fi it.

Agree, I'll stick to my wine and weed.

The thought of taking another day to rest up plaque my mind. But on the other hand, I'm determine to get out the house for fresh air and to see my baby.

Kam couldn't care less, if I stay in or go out. According to him 'anything I want to do he's with it'.

Since I've been so adamant about getting out the house, where on our way to visit his mom and then my parents afterwards.

"What's the purpose of telling me to put my seatbelt on if you're not going to do the same?"

Quickly looking at me and then back at the road, he pulls the seatbelt behind him and latch it.

"That defeats the purpose of it Kam" I roll my eyes. Placing the doughnut up to my mouth, I take a bite into it.

Using my tongue to clean my mouth, I shake my head and release a low moan of satisfaction as I savor the flavor of the jelly that fills the middle.

Call me old fashioned but I'll choose prestige donuts over the newly introduced Krispy Kreme any day. Thats nothing but high blood sugar and early case of diabetes.

Seeing him take glances between the road and me in my peripheral vision, I wipe my hands with the wet wipes and look at him.

"What?"

"Nuh make dem noise deh in yah, before me affi pull over and give yuh sumn fi moan fah" switching his hand that hold the steering wheel, his other goes to his pants to adjusting his crotch.

"Bet!" I challenge him.

Love f—ck f—ck like dawg.

Feeling the car swerve over to the side of the road coming at a complete stop, I pop my eyes and mouth equally open.

Den him serious?

You blind?

"Babe I was joking enuh" I say.

"That with you now" he hissed his teeth, legs now shaking.

Slowly turning his head to look at me, he stares for a little while.

With my cheek now reddened by his continuous gaze, I turn my head to look ahead. Pointing at the road I say "start drive nuh".

Shifting the gear to drive, he moves off and back on the road to continue the journey. Seeing his jaw twitching, I can tell he's irritated.