Whats Best?

Didn't proof read 👀

Two Days Later

Wednesday
January 8

WednesdayJanuary 8

- K A Y L A N -

"Come in"

With a squeaky noise coming from the door as it pushes open, mommy emerge from behind.

A subtle smile riddle across her face as she walk over to where I am. In her hand is a cup of tea. I take notice of the cloud of steam that rapidly evaporates from it.

Hot tea the lady cyah come give me to enuh. Like the place nuh already hot enough.

One thing though, dem nah start dem day without them tea enuh. A daily ritual mi born come see dem a practice.

Real country people.

Handing it to me, I place it at my nose to inhale the aroma. Trying to guess what kinda tea it is.

Fever grass.

With a tight lip smile I meet her stare "my favorite."

"Mi know, ask yuh daddy fi go get some so mi coulda make it fi yuh. Hope it do weh me expect it to".

"A little" I assure her.

Growing up I've never been big on drinking tea. But when I had no choice the only kind I'd drink was fever grass.

These days fresh brew coffee or latte is my first drink for the day, aside from water. But since that's not an option being around these old foot, the tea of my choice will do.

"Member fi take the pressure pill enuh" she reminds me.

Taking a sip from the cup, I remove it to answer "take it already".

Nodding, she takes a seat at the edge of the bed.

Breaking the awkward silence, mommy starts to hum quietly. Slowly rocking side to side to the rhythmic tone.

Placing the cup on the side table, I close my eyes and rest my hands on my bump. Allowing the moment of tranquil to settle.

Can't believe he's gone.

He promised me he'd be here if I needed him. And I need him now more than ever.

Prince is going to need him.