Half-breed?

📍 Happy reading babes 🫶🏽

Next Day

July 13

- N A O M I -

"What's your plans for today, want you to spend the day with me" his voice husky.

Cuddled up with him, my head is laid on his chest. His hand wrapped around me, comfortably feeling on my ass.

Rubbing my finger over his toned abs I replied, "Uhm, I have a few orders to mail out and then a brunch date with Kay."

"Oh, that reminds me" easing me off him, he spring to his foot and walks to the other side of the room.

With his MacBook now in hand he walks back over to the bed and gets in. Sitting up, I move to rest my back on the head board.

"A few interview are pending for the assistant position" unlocking it, he pulls up the pending confirmation request.

"That was fast, didn't you mentioned this last night" I take it to look at the candidates.

Skimming through the list, I offer him a smile "appreciate you, sending these to my email to check the qualifications".

"Man powerful yere" he says in between the kisses he's placing on my shoulders.

"You've mentioned it, now move" moving away from him, I dodge his kisses. Sitting on the lounge chair, I finish emailing over the applications to myself.

When complete, I wrap myself in the robe that was resting on the back of the lounge chair and walk out onto the balcony.

Taking in the sight of the ocean, the cool morning breeze grace my face. With a deep breath in, and then out I say a quick prayer of gratitude.

All you suppose to a pray a special forgiveness prayer enuh, afta di bat yuh just fly.

My God is an understanding God.

In the late hours last night after our shenanigans, he booked out a penthouse for us.

Fully meech out.

Accurate.

If you ask me, I think it's an attempt to make me overlook my transgressions. To not dwell on the fact that I killed someone.

But truthfully, the distraction isn't needed, I'm more satisfied than terrified.

Better she than we.

Dat me know.

"Are you coming back here when you do all thats on your agenda for today" stepping onto the balcony to join me, he holds onto the railing, looking out at the ocean.

Walking up behind him, I wrap my arms around him. I rest my head on his back and say "I can. Rome keeps Imani until Monday morning so I'll spend the day with you tomorrow too."