Late- night Drive

📌 Remember to vote

📌 Remember to vote.

Continue...

- N A O M I -

Watching as the street light passes by and stereo low, I can't help but to think of how I let myself out the house with someone who isn't willing to disclose who they are.

Breaking the silence, as if he read my mind, he says. " I'm 27 by the way, born in Jamaica and migrated here at 13 to live with my pops."

Oh

"He died a little after I moved here, leaving me to figuring out life in the Big City alone. As what most teenage boys would turn to with little no guidance, the streets, it became my home"

"I figured it out though, wasn't the easiest of life, but your looking at the best of me"

Turning to face him, viewing his side profile, finally taking in his beauty, up close.

"Sorry about your dad"

That's all yuh get from that?

Yeah.

"Dat good"

"..."

"And before you ask, I'm single, and I don't have a crazy baby mother roaming these streets" turning to wink at me he says "neither a wife"

"Touché"

Chuckling he licked his lips, holding the steering with one hand, using his other to hold mines on the center console.

Placing a kiss on the back of my hand, he took a quick glance at me.

Man like weh him see.

Feeling nervous from his stare, starting a conversation to ease the tension.

"Do you have an idea where you want to go?"

"How about...the beach?"

"Okay, you'll have to take the next exit and then a U-Turn, to go east."

**