The Revelation

📍Excuse the mistakes/ I'll edit afterwards.

Five Hours Later

- N A O M I -

"Where are you going?"

He ignores me. Pulling off the wires that connects him to the machine, he gets off the bed.

"Don't you want to wait until they're finish" I ask him.

With his demeanor being solemn, I observe his side temple as they twitch each time he grind his teeth. The energy in the room is thick.

I don't think I've ever seen him like this.

Man corrupt.

"Isaiah" I hold onto his arm as he slip on his shoe.

No response.

"Babe" I try again, but this time a bit more softly.

Halting his movements, he hold his head down and release a deeply held sigh.

"Only deh yah so fi lower suspicions. Dem do weh dem need to already suh now me can lif up."

Sitting beside him on the hospital bed. Resting my hand in his, I firmly grip it.

"Understand that, but you. You still have to make sure you're good before you.....you know" I say, referring to everything that's about to take place in the name of retaliation.

"Mi have life, dat good enough" he firmly state.

He pull his hand from my hold. Standing , he reaches for his things that are rested on the chair across from the bed.

Slipping them into his pockets, I take notice of how stern he looks. Not showing any other emotion than that of anger.

I heave a sigh.

How did we end up here? How did an event that was ment for celebrating turned into a battled field?

Walking back to face me, I look up at him. His fingers cups my chin. I smirk due to the feeling of his soft touch.

"Apologizing from now for how reckless things are about to get. Yah go witness a side a me weh me cyah suppress and imma need your understanding" he explains.

"I do...understand" I stare into his eyes.

Without his explanation, I do know what's at stake if he doesn't take revenge. He can't afford not to. Not when his life, business and status are at stake.