Chess not Checkers

📌 Remember to vote

📌 Remember to vote.

5 Days Later

June
Saturday, 23rd

- N A O M I -

It's officially our last day and unexpectedly Kam took me to Italy.

According to him, he wanted to show me where he spent some of his time out of America. And since we were so close, we took the trip here before heading home.

Man just keep on a drop surprise pan we.

Saying, 'cause I would've never guessed he lived in Italy.

After visiting his former hometown, we were now visiting a vineyard farm that belongs to a friend of his.

Man ago tie yuh wid wine enuh.

And is.

Him seh him a fall, but me think me buck me toe and a drop inah it.

Walking onto the property, I took notice of the older woman that's walking towards us. With smile as bright as ever and a hug she greets Isaiah.

"Kam, che piacere vederti, oh mio Dio, è passato così tanto tempo."

("Kam, nice to see you, oh my it's been soo long.")

"Sì, infatti, stavo visitando Parigi con mia moglie e ho pensato di fare un viaggio nella mia casa di lunga data"

("Yes indeed, I was visiting Paris with my wife and thought I'd take a trip to my longtime home.")

With an astonishing expression I turned to him. Mouth and eyes equally wide as he fluently spoke Italian.

That's one thing he failed to mentioned.

So you're not confused as to what he's saying? Not even the slightest?

Based on her facial expression, it seems to be about me. Something Good? 'Cause she looks delighted.

"Wife? You've always hated the idea of settling down, not to mention being married. What changed your mind?"

"Long story."

Wife?

Who that?

Him did married?

Yuh cannot be that slow?

Embracing me with a hug, she kisses me on both cheeks "Hi, I'm Esmeralda, Isaiah's unofficial aunt, come let's take a walk in the fields."

As she walks with me, I look back at him with a questioning glance.

*
*
*
*
*
*
*

After personally hand picking grapes by the bunch, I'm currently having lunch and tasting a few different varieties of bottles.