𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁
tennis game gone wrong !

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁tennis game gone wrong !

devon felt betrayed. utterly betrayed by everyone.

she was now walking inside the tennis court, quinn following behind. they were so awkward as they grabbed their tennis rackets that devon felt the need of the floor to completely swallow her.

they were completely silent, neither knowing exactly what to say. she could feel quinn looking at her but when she would decide to look his way he would look away.

"are you having a good time in the lake house?"

"yeah, it's been realy great, seeing everyone again" she smiled softly, feeling his stare on the side of her head.

"i'm glad"

they smiled at each other before devon finally walked to the other side of the court, prompting quinn to shake his head softly while he muttered stupid over and over again under his breath as he walked to his side of the court.

the ex-couple quickly started the game, going back and forth with the ball, neither losing sight of it.

the game got hard and filled with tension. they weren't experts at the game but it was a hobby they had taken back in umich, resorting to play it whenever they could to pass some time together between hockey and gymnastics training.

neither wanted to let the other win but they were getting tired, they had bren playing for almost an hour and the game was tied, with just four points each.

devon was about to fall from exhaustion, already feeling too tired under the blinding sun but she was not letting quinn win and neither was he.

at last, just when quinn thought he was finally gonna win devon surprised him. she had managed to leap from one side to the other and hit the ball with the racket just as she fell on her side.

quinn, too shocked to notice, dropped his racket and ran to her side.

"are you okay?" he yelled, running to her side, hoping she wasn't injured.

"i won! i won! suck it" she laughed, wincing as she carefully sat up, rubbing the shoulder she had fallen on.

quinn skidded to a stop at her side, kneeling and hesitantly touching her back, using the excuse to help her sit up "what?"

"i won!" she exclaimed, looking at him with a smile, yet to regret the extent she had taken to win, too excited to notice the pain.

"are you serious?" quinn laughed slightly, tilting his head down at her to look in admiration. she willingly fell to the floor, possibly injuring her shoulder, just so she could win a stupid tennis game.

"not my fault you got distracted" she mused, wincing slightly when she tried to move her shoulder.

"shut up. come on" quinn sighed, moving to her uninjured side and silently asking with his eyes if he could touch her, at not seeing any discomfort he took the risk and wrapped his arm around her waist to help her up, not being able to hide his concerned gaze.