𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁
bad game, good outcome !

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁bad game, good outcome !

quinn and devon loved home games. partially because she could go to watch him in person and because it meant he could be close to her, compared to being out of the city.

since she was going to the game tonight, the couple had decided that devon would drive him to the arena so they could come back together. so now, devon had two hours for herself.

devon was a person with her priorities straight so the first thing she did was take a nap.

she probably shouldn't have, given that her nap ran late and now she was running around the house trying to get ready quickly. thankfully, she managed to arrive at the rink just as the guys stopped their warm ups.

she climbed up to the wags box after quinn practically begged her to, to keep her safe, he said. she saw conor garland's wife sitting next to petey's girlfriend and she hurried to sit down next to them.

the girls did small talk as the ceremony started. after watching it so many times, honestly just don't giving a shit about it. before they knew it, the game finally started and devon sat down excitedly after somehow retrieving a cup of beer.

the game had been going well, the canucks taking the lead all through first and second period. it wasn't until third that shit started to hit the fan.

unfortunately, she was too far away to do a thing.

━ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

second period had barely ended and quinn was starting to lose his shit and every single one of his teammates could see it.

some of them were worried, even. quinn wasn't one to lose it, he was one of the only ones who could keep a level head but the game was taking its toll on everyone.

as the canucks stepped on the ice after the second intermission, quinn swore he would try and relax, as much as he could. though, that quickly flew out of his head.

the players were getting into position for a face off, when suddenly an opposing team player that had been bugging quinn since the very first minute of the game skated close to him with a visible smirk on his face "hey man, think you can give me your girl's number?"

instead of answering, quinn payed him no mind but he tightened the grip on his stick, trying desperately to keep his cool. he was used to the usual comments, it was all part of the game. but people talking about his girl like that? not good, at all.

"i can see her from down here. a really sexy thing"

quinn just clenched his jaw, staying reactionless to not give him any satisfaction but he was seconds away from completely fucking losing it.

thankfully for the other player, the game starting again completely distracted them both but quinn hated to admit his head wasn't entirely in the game, which caused the other team to score. as they cheered, quinn skated around trying to calm down. he didn't know why it was bothering him so much, scratch that, he knew exactly why but he was supposed to be the expectation, he couldn't lose it. if he did, then his team would. people depended on him.