𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲
hughesday !

it was 'hughes bowl' day and the biggest dilemma devon found herself in was which jersey to wear

in the end, she decided to not wear anyone's, just grabbing a big puffer jacket to stay comfy. she didn't even bother to put makeup on, just some mascara and lipstick. it was a hockey game, not a party.

she was running late, feeling cheesy for stopping at a flowers shop to buy roses for the boys and overthinking as she drove.

finally arriving at the arena, she spent like twenty minutes trying to find where to park. she hurriedly walked into the building with the three flowers on hand. she felt stupid and silly but she wasn't just gonna throw away the flowers, might as well just give them to the people she bought them for.

finally arriving at the family box or whatever, she greeted a couple of quinn's teammates wifes as she tried to find her seat.

with a gentle smile she sat down on the seat next to ellen's, her attention immediately captured by a little boy by the name of carter before she even had the chance to say hello to anyone.

"devy!" carter yelled loudly, running at her full speed before crashing into her knees.

"carter! hi!" she giggled, grabbing the boy from under his arms to lift him up, per his request.

"you look very pretty" the boy whispered loudly as he held her face in between his tiny hands.

"thank you carter" she jokingly whispered with a grin, turning the boy around in her lap to properly watch the game. the first period had started before she even arrived and so far, the devils were taking the lead.

carter was obviously getting bored, too little to actually understand the sport. his parents had explained that his cousins were down there playing but his four year old mind could care less which is why devon wrapped her arms around his waist to keep him in place and to let him play with her hands which he gratefully did.

"here honey, i brought you this" ellen smiled at her, holding a white scarf on her hand. devon smiled as she took it, her smile changing to a grin once she saw it had the canucks logo on one side and the devils on the other. she put it on swiftly, thanking ellen once again.

it wasn't until third period that things got tense. the devils had had the lead for the first two periods but the canucks were quickly catching up. 

unfortunately for her nervous ass, quinn got an assist in the tie matching point and the camera decided to pan to ellen and jim but since devon was sitting next to them and the canucks media team knew who she was they added her to the frame too.

she covered her face with her hands, looking at the jumbotron with an actual concerned look grateful once the camera was off them and into quinn's face on the ice. for the first time in the whole game, quinn was sporting a smile as the camera followed him as he too seemed to be looking up at the screen.