𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲
he's pussy whipped !

"hey, how's your shoulder?" quinn asked as he walked out to the porch where he found devon was sitting on the swing

guilt had been eating quinn alive. he knew the injury wasn't that bad but he felt like it was his fault.

the game had quickly gotten to a point where they were trying to impress the other, as a way of saying if i win i'm better than you.

"it's okay. it doesn't hurt" she assured him, moving a bit to make space for him on the swing, him sitting to her right side.

"you sure? the bruise looks awful" he commented, staring directly at the big purple bruise on her left shoulder.

"i'm fine" she chuckled, bumping her healthy shoulder with his.

"i'm sorry" he said honestly after a couple seconds in silence.

"stop saying sorry" she almost pleaded, looking at him with a smile.

"i feel like it was my fault" quinn shrugged his shoulders with a frown on his face.

"it wasn't, you know how competitive i get" she laughed, her eyes sparkling under the sunlight.

"yeah, i know"

"you know what this reminds me of?" she asked, continuing once quinn hummed "when i injured my ankle in gymnastics"

"back in umich" quinn smiled. devon was almost eighty percent sure it was the first time she saw him smile since she's been on the lake house and she couldn't help but admit that his smile made her feel weird inside.

"yeah, you felt really guilty cause we had an argument before training and you kept insisting it was your fault" she recalled, just now noticing his track record of self-hate revolving her getting hurt. it was kinda funny, seeing him so worried that he turned to blaming himself even if she insisted it wasn't on him.

"because it was!"

"it wasn't! you weren't even there" she laughed, looking directly at his eyes.

"i felt terrified when clara called me and told me you fell from the uneven bars" he hummed, leaning back on the swing and crossing his arms over his chest, softly pushing the swing back and forth with his foot.

"they called you?" she asked surprised, no one had ever told her about this. she honestly didn't think too much of the fact that she had fell, cried her heart out and next thing she knew, quinn was by her side all sweaty and worried and cradling her to his chest while they tended to her ankle.

"how do you think i got there so fast? she just said you fell and i got out of the ice rink as fast as i could. i thought you had gotten a major injury and i was so worried that the last thing i was to you was angry"