𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝘄𝗼

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝘄𝗼
take your brother to work day !

after agreeing to move in with quinn, the couple decided to do it as fast as possible

unfortunately, quinn was on the road for a week and a half so devon decided to take advantage of that, and the fact that jack was still on medical leave so she dragged him to new york with her.

"why do i have to help?" jack whined as he shoved devon's folded clothes into boxes.

"cause you can't do hockey and if i asked jule for help he would've been here crying and i didn't wanna do it alone" she admitted, slowly folding her clothes.

"are you hesitating? do you wanna back track? i'll help you. you know quinn won't get mad if you do" he rambled, ready to go behind his brothers back to help her. he would do anything for dev.

"it's not that. i'm excited but... sad" she whispered, leaning her back on her now, empty dresser "this will be the first time in like eighteen years that i won't have jule next door. he's in his room crying right now, even if he denied it and i don't know"

"i get it dev. i felt the same way when i moved out of home. luke still gets sad some days when he remembers he doesn't have mom or dad nearby but it's exciting at the same time. it's a new chapter, it's exciting and scary and bittersweet but you'll never know if you don't try it" he encouraged, standing up and grabbing her hands to comfort her.

"it's so weird that you're the one comforting me"

"i'll finish boxing this stuff, why don't you go talk with jule for a min?" he suggested, practically pushing her out of her room.

devon stopped in front of his room, breathing heavily before finally opening the door "hey juli"

"devy" he smiled, sniffing softly and wiping his cheeks as he sat on the edge of his bed.

devon's eyes softened, reaching to sit next to him "don't cry jule"

"i'm sorry" he sobbed, digging his head on her chest and clutching her shirt tightly.

"why are you crying?" she mumbled, feeling stupid for even asking it.

"i'm sad. don't get me wrong, i'm happy for you, i'm really happy dev. but i'll miss you so much" he admitted, barely able to get his words out.

"you don't have an idea of how much i'll miss you but this is good. we'll call each other everyday and i'll come visit or you can go visit, you'll always be my brother julien, no matter which state i live in" she reassured him, hugging him impossibly closer to her.

"you're my soulmate devon. you're my person, like in that stupid show you made me watch years ago" he wailed, not even embarrassed by all the dramatics he was pulling. growing up with her erased any sense of embarrassment he felt.