𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗼𝗻𝗲

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗼𝗻𝗲
favoritism !

"quinn! quinn! quinn!" he heard distantly, almost certain that it was a dream but with each time his name was repeated it got louder and the yell of "wake up!" combined with a sudden weight falling on top of him definitely did the job

after the group woke up to find ellen and jim already at the place, they decided to go to dinner and after they got back from the laugh filled dinner, quinn and devon dropped off jack and luke at a hotel nearby since both of them refused to take quinn's offer to stay over. so that left the ex-couple alone and they spent the whole night talking until they finally departed ways to their respective bedrooms.

"since when are you a morning person?" he mumbled quietly, not even mad someone was disturbing his beauty sleep as he would usually get.

"i have too much excitement to sleep" she half-whispered. quinn rolled on the bed, leaning his back on the matress with devon still on top of him.

"can't we just sleep for a little longer?" he proposed, closing his eyes when he felt dev's hand start to brush his hair off his face.

"i wanna eat breakfast and you have to tell me my surprise!" she said excitedly, smiling as she felt quinn's arms slide around her waist.

when she woke up she wasn't expecting to feel this, intimate with him. she honest to god woke up, walked to his bedroom that was across the one she was staying in and plopped on top of him to wake him up. still, she couldn't deny the fact that she was enjoying this.

"if you let me sleep a little more" he remarked, still unwilling to open his eyes as he squeezed her softly.

"quinn! come on, i'll make you pancakes" now, the idea of pancakes sounded really good but he preferred to stay here with her "come on, i'll wait for you on the kitchen" she smiled, rubbing his cheek softly with her hand on his face before quickly standing up. 

devon happily walked to the kitchen and started raiding his cupboards hoping he had everything that was needed for breakfast.

by the time quinn walked into the room, devon had already made coffee and was just waiting for the last two pancakes to fully cook.

"this looks really good, dev" he said, announcing himself in the room as he leaned on the counter across the stove.

"thank you quinny. here, take this" she smiled as she handed him a plate, him grabbing the other one on the counter and taking them to the table he barely used as she poured both of them coffees.

"so, is it good?" she asked when she sat down at the table, placing the cup in front of him.

"really good dev, thank you" he mumbled between bites, only just realizing he was actually hungry, or maybe it was just how good the food was.

"glad you like it" both of them looked at the other with smiles on their faces, feeling so in the moment they forgot the weirdness of the situation "what are the plans for tonight?" she questioned once she finally broke out of the moment, taking a bite of the pancakes out of awkwardness.

"luke and jack are coming over in a hour or two, mom and dad are exploring the city i think and i'm taking you out later tonight" he listed, drinking the coffee devon had so graciously made, just how he liked it.

"out where?" she curiously asked, frowning her brows in a way that made quinn want to cross their distance and kiss her right there.

"it's a surprise but wear something fancy" he mentioned, not willing to give anything out. tonight could either go perfect or terrible. he was nervous as shit.

"that tells me nothing!" she laughed, looking at him with puppy dog eyes, hoping he would break but he didn't, he was really close though.

"don't complain or you'll stay here"

"that is so mean quinn, so rude"

he was praying and hoping tonight would be good because if it didn't he wasn't sure how he would survive.

━ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"jack! i got the remote first! it's my turn to choose" devon grunted, trying to get the remote from jack's hard grip.

"you always choose! i got it first" jack grumbled, not trying too hard to take it out of devon's reach.

"no you didn't. luke! you saw, who had it first?" she yelled, both devon and jack turning around from their place on the floor to look at the youngest hughes who was on the couch.

"please don't get me involved in this" luke mumbled, not even looking up from his phone.

"quinn?" devon asked once she saw him enter the room, giving him her famous puppy dog eyes while she still tried to tug the remote out of jack's hands.

"i saw dev grab it first" he said, not even hesitating as he walked around the couch and sat down exactly in front of his brother and ex-girlfriend who were on the floor, fighting like little kids.

"favoritism" jack grumbled, finally letting go of it.

"but it doesn't matter cause you guys have to go get ready and we do to" quimn reminded, taking the remote from dev's hand.

"fuck, you're right" luke said, finally remembering that they had plans.

"you guys are coming with us?" dev frowned, trying to mask her confusion.

"yeah, though quinn refuses to say what it is about" jack said as he stood up and grabbed his cap from the coffee table.

"whatever. do you guys need me to drop you off?" quinn asked, looking at his two brothers while acting like he hasn't noticed dev with a frown on her pretty face.

"we'll take a cab, don't worry" luke reassured, standing up and following jack to the door.

"great, please don't be late. i already sent you the address"

"we'll be fine huggybear. bye devy!"

"they're going with us?" dev asked softly, still confused.

"yeah. is something wrong?" he prompted, furrowing his brows.

"no! i just, i thought we were going out alone, like just us, you know?" she shrugged, looking away in embarrassment for feeling so naive.

"oh, it won't take too long and then we'll get away from them and i'll take you to dinner, alright?" he assured, nodding slightly to reassure her.

"no, it's okay. you don't have to do that" she waved him off, standing up and sitting on the other side of the couch.

"i want to though, come on, let's get ready"

𝗯𝘆 𝗯𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗱𝟰𝟯𝗱poor dev thought she was going out alone with quinn shes so me

𝗯𝘆 𝗯𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗱𝟰𝟯𝗱
poor dev thought she was going out alone with quinn shes so me. we just hit 25k reads & 800 votes!!!! thank u guys sm for the support. hope u enjoyed💗