𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻
worship dev !

one thing about quinn, he was irrevocably, uncontrollably, head over heels in love with devon lynn pierce

has been since he was fifteen years old and this past week just proved it. even the thought of losing her made him spiral into a bad mind space. he was aware he shouldn't feel that dependent on a person but he genuinely could not imagine living life without her in it. he already got a peek in it and he knew he despised it.

she was the only thing he could think of as he drove the hour long drive from detroit to dowtown ann arbor where devon's parents currently lived.

it was a rash decision, driving there. one second he was hanging out with his teammates at the red wings arena and next thing he knows he was renting a car and driving away.

if the past weeks had taught him something was that life was short, call him dramatic but he didn't want to wait anymore. he literally physically couldn't wait anymore. the damn velvet box had been burning holes in his pocket for months, he couldn't put it off any longer.

after seriously debating for a good half an hour if he should turn the car around he finally parked in front of the pierce household. her childhood home.

if it hadn't been for dave walking outside to take the trash out and seeing quinn looking completely out of it as he sat in the car, he was sure he would've never gotten out.

"honey! guess who's here!" dave cheerily exclaimed as he walked in with quinn trailing behind him silently.

laura walked out of the living room with a grin that completely fell when she caught sight of a gloomy looking quinn "oh my god. is everything okay? are you okay? is devon okay? what's going on?"

"did you do somethig?" dave inquired, his whole demeanor changing at the thought of something happening to his child.

"what? no. no, no, everything's good. we're good" quinn chuckled nervously, his mind begging him to just walk out the door but his body was keeping him in place.

"oh, i got scared. why do you look so nervous then?" dave prompted, crossing his arms casually but it just made him look more intimidating. here it was, one of the best hockey players in the league intimidated by a retired lawyer. how weird.

"i need to talk to you guys about something"

laura immediately ushered them to the living room to talk more comfortably. her and dave sitting in front of a nervous looking quinn.

he sat stiffly, rubbing his hands up and down his thighs as he tried to dry them from the never ending sweat "i love your daughter, endlessly. it's honestly a little concerning the amount of love i have for her. and, i know i hurt her in the past but i'd rather literally die than hurt her again"