𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝘄𝗼

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝘄𝗼
the surprise !

after finally getting ready, the ex-couple drove to a 'secret location'

after finally getting ready, the ex-couple drove to a 'secret location'. they were both filled with nerves, both also for different reasons.

at first, when quinn had told her they were going out she thought they would finally have the perfect moment to have that talk she had been avoiding but now they wouldn't have the chance to since apparently the whole family was coming too.

on the other hand, quinn was nervous because a big step for his career was about to happen in less than two hours and of course he was excited but the nerves for what he had planned after overpowered almost everything.

"now, can you tell me where we're going?" she asked gleefully, looking at him from the passenger seat. he looked really handsome in his suit with his dress white shirt that had the first button open and god don't even get her started on the way those dress pants fit him so good.

"look, i might have hyped it up but it's hockey related, but it is really important to me and i wanted you there" he said, now feeling selfish for making her tag along to something she might not be interested in but he hoped she would be as happy as he is.

"if it is important to you, then it is important to me" she smiled, yearning really bad to grab his hand that was sitting on his thigh but she managed to restrained herself.

they arrived to the place in a blink of an eye. devon was still trying to figure out what this was about but she was getting confused by the second. quinn finally parked and was opening her door faster than she could comprehend, she smiled gratefully and stepped out with her purse tightly on her hand.

she was dressed in long black dress pants paired up with a long sleeved red wine tight sweater with her trusty black motorcycle platform boots. quinn put his hand on the small of her back, guiding her into the building.

upon entering a conference like room, quinn unfortunately left her alone without saying much but not before leaving her with his family. she was still confused at what this was about but she was trying to remain positive.

"hey moosey" she greeted when she saw luke sitting on one of the back rows with the rest of the hughes'.

"hey devy, we saved you a seat" luke said, motioning to the empty chair between himself and jack.

"thank you, hi ellen and jim!" she greeted as she sat down, leaning over luke to wave at their parents.

"hi, honey, you look beautiful" ellen gushed, grabbing her hand softly before letting go.

"no hi for me?" jack grumbled from her other side, prompting her to sit down correctly and turn to him.

"of course there is, i was just saving the best for last" she smiled cheekily, hugging his arm fondly.