page 1-5

Chapter 1
  The summer is hot.
  The high temperature is baking the earth, and the air is full of steaming heat. The surface of the earth is nearly 50 or 60 degrees Celsius, and people can feel the pain caused by the scorching heat just by stepping on it.
  A group of six or seven people wore heavy jackets that were completely inconsistent with the hot summer, and wrapped their heads and noses with cloth with only one pair of eyes outside, walking quietly among a row of unfinished buildings.
  At the corner, Xia Chenshu, who was nearly two meters tall, stuck his head out and took a look. He was relieved to confirm that there was no one on the road outside except abandoned vehicles.
  He turned around and was about to go back to report that he was safe, when a figure suddenly jumped out from behind a truck beside him and pounced on him.
  Xia Chenshu reacted very quickly and dodged immediately. However, it was too late, and the figure had already pounced on him.
  He was thrown hard against the wall, and severe pain came from his back. Xia Chenshu's heart rose to his throat, and the fear of death rushed towards him and suffocated him.
  "Squat down." A calm, gentle and pleasant voice sounded, and at the same time, a sound of breaking wind followed.
  Xia Chenshu only had time to slide down the wall, and the wall where his neck was originally was completely cracked open by an axe.
  The wall trembled, cement crumbs flew, and a muffled sound spread.
  Xia Chenshu looked up in horror. Ji Yan calmly pulled the ax out of the wall. With his movement, a human head rolled down into Xia Chenshu's arms.
  Xia Chen could look around and saw the highly putrid face covered in green liquid. He trembled with fright and quickly took the head out of his arms.
  The head rolled along the baked ground to the opposite corner, and the liquid was spread all over the floor. The extremely hot ground made a sizzling sound, and the air was filled with a fishy smell after being baked at high temperature.
  "Let's go." Ji Yan looked around coldly and said.
  He just made a noise, and the place will soon be surrounded by zombies.
  "Sorry..." Xia Chenshu ignored the stinky liquid on his clothes and quickly got up from the ground to follow.
  Quickly walking through the alleyway, the two of them entered the building next to them one after another. The ground floor had not yet been completed and the building materials were piled with sand. The other five or six people in the building were on full alert.
  Everyone looked at them when they came in.
  Everyone frowned when they saw Xia Chenshu with the foul-smelling liquid on his body. One of them, Sun Haifeng, who was injured, took two steps back to distance himself.
  Xia Chenshu glanced at him and ignored him. With lingering fear, he took off his coat and threw it away quickly.
  "What's going on?" someone asked.
  "I almost got caught..." Xia Chenshu found a new jacket from his backpack and looked at Ji Yanqing with complicated eyes. Ji Yanqing saved him again.
  Temporarily safe, Ji Yanqing placed the ax he never left behind against the wall, took off the black goggles he had been wearing on his face and wiped them.
  They had been attacked two days ago and his goggles had been damaged during that time.
  Xia Chenshu looked up along the goggles in Ji Yanqing's hand. The moment he saw clearly Ji Yanqing's face that was usually hidden under the cloth and goggles, his breathing could not help but become stagnant.
  With fluffy, soft and naturally curly short taupe hair, skin that was still fair under the scorching sun, long and slightly curled eyelashes, and clear black and white eyes, Ji Yanqing had an extremely beautiful face.
  However, with such a face, Ji Yanqing's character has nothing to do with being cute and weak. He is extremely strong and can even knock over a zombie with one axe.
  These, coupled with his neat black off-road high-top military shoes, outdoor tactical jacket, and travel bag, all of them in the team obediently called him captain, even if they were all older than him.
  Ji Yanqing himself seemed to know that his face would seriously affect his prestige in the team, so he wore goggles most of the time and tried to look serious with a cold face.
  After putting on his goggles, Ji Yanqing took a cloth from the side and wrapped it around his head. Under such extremely high temperatures, the water in the human body can be evaporated in just a few hours if the sun shines directly on the skin.
  "What to do next?" someone asked.
  "By the way, come and see." One of the people in the crowd thought of something and called to everyone to walk behind him.
  They are now on the ground floor of a row of unfinished buildings. The top of the building is wrapped in green mesh, and the bottom is piled with various building materials. There is a wall around the building, which is relatively safe. This is why they chose this resting spot. s reason.
  Ji Yan glanced lightly, then took the lead and picked up the ax to follow.
  The man led a group of people deeper into the building, and soon they reached the ground floor of the building at the back.
  There are no building materials stacked here. The bottom of the building is very empty. In the center of the open space are the ashes of the burned out bonfire, and around the bonfire are various food bags.
  Everyone's spirits were lifted.
  "They rested here before."
  "I checked and the traces are very new. They can only last for five days, which means that if we are fast enough, we can catch up with them within three days." "
  Then what are we waiting for? Let's set off quickly!" The injured Sun Haifeng was extremely excited.
  Ji Yan glanced at him lightly and said nothing.
  Ji Yan remained silent, and the others naturally remained silent.