fifty.

Nola Scott

Thursday had come quick and getting out of bed was harder than it had been the last couple of days. I was still mourning my loss at Worlds. It was getting easier but then I'd see something that reminds me of that day and my mood would shift drastically. Some days are easier than others. I'm trying not to be so hard on myself these days for the sake of my mental health.

I take time to do self-care and make sure my body, mind, and soul are at ease. I'm not perfect though, I have my difficult days just like everyone else.

As much as I didn't want to get out of bed, I did anyway because today was the King's last game of the regular season. I told Miles I would be there and I wasn't going to bail. Plus, Ember was going to come with me as well because of JT.

Yesterday was the last time I talked to Miles. He had opened up to me about a topic we'd gone over before. His birth parents. He told me that the thought had been eating at him for months and that it was only getting worse. Then when I was giving him advice about what to do, he hung up on me.

I thought maybe I was babbling too much and he got annoyed. He didn't call back or even text me. Until a couple of hours later. He told me he'd talk to me tomorrow after the game and that everything was fine. While I found it weird, I didn't nag him about the situation deciding to leave it alone. If it is anything to worry about, I'd probably get the info out of him today.

The game was an earlier one as it started at 3 pm and it was in Anaheim which is a good hour away with traffic. I decided to go on a small run this morning, hoping it would help me relieve any of the negative vibes I woke up with. After my run, I stopped by Renaissance Café to pick up a coffee before going home. When I made it back, Ember was doing her makeup in the kitchen. That was my cue to hurry up.

It was almost 11 pm but we wanted to get to the stadium a little early. After a quick shower, I changed into some light jeans, a silver and black Kings shirt, my white new balances, and a puffer for the cold stadium. I leave my hair down and do a quick, simple makeup look. "Ready," I say, stepping into the kitchen. Em sits on the couch and smiles when she sees me.

When we made it to the stadium, it was already filling up with people. We took our reserved seats and I was glad to see Kaitlyn, Tate's girlfriend, was present. She greeted me with a big hug and I introduced her to Ember. The three of us made girl-talk for the hour before the game started but then it was game time.

We all knew how important this game was to the team. The last part of their regular season hadn't been going as well as the first half. They were struggling to win games and Miles mentioned how badly they needed this win to go into the post-season with confidence. We were all nervous as the game went underway.

The first period was exciting for both sides. Both the Ducks and the Kings had scored a goal. Then the second period, the Kings scored two goals. Miles had one of those and Tate got the other. The Kings were up 3-1 and you could tell the team was giving it there all this time around. I could tell Miles was giving it all. My eyes were focused on him the entire game and I could tell the only thing that mattered to him right now was the game.

Everything else didn't matter. It made my cheeks flush when he'd take his helmet off and his jaw would be clenched. Despite being up by two, he would get angry when the other team would get even close to scoring. Him being in the zone was sexy. I was so into this man it made my blood burn. In a good way, of course.

Once the final period got underway, the fans in the stadium were loud. Both fans wanted their teams to win and you could hear that clearly. Hockey was a violent sport, something I never knew until I watched it. The number of times I've seen Miles aggressively shove other players was crazy. The occasional facial scars and bruises on his body also give it away.