sixty-three.

Nola Scott

Just like always, Miles and I tried spending the time when he wasn't busy together. He played his first game versus the Panthers tonight and it went well. The Kings started the series strong and the game ended 4-3. It was a close one but still a great game at that. Instead of going home, Miles and I came back to my place. Ember was out with JT for the night and wouldn't be back until later.

He was trying to get her out more now that school was out for the summer. She deserves to have fun after dedicating her time to school and figure skating all semester. It's almost nine and me and Miles decided to order takeout and watch a new show Tate and Kait recommended us but we're not really interested in it. It's been playing in the background of our conversations and occasional make-out sessions.

"I wish I could take you out on a real date, you know? Like JT and Ember are doing right now," he tells me, moving my hair out of my face. I shake my head. "This is a date to me. My favorite kind of dates." I waggle my brows at him and he barely smiles. "I'll take you out on a real date one day, Scott. I promise. You deserve more than this," he whispers.

I didn't lie. If this was it, I'd be content. I don't need fancy dinners or rock climbing. It would be fun, yes, but as long as we're together and having fun, there isn't much more to ask for. I'm a simple girl. One day, people might discover that we're together and then hiding our relationship may not be a thing anymore.

For now, though, I appreciate this. Just us.

"One day," I repeat and peck his jaw. He smiles lightly. "I forgot to tell you but.. I told your dad about my birth father. How he's not with us anymore," Miles tells me. My eyes widen slightly. "Obviously, I didn't say who it was. He asked me about meeting my birth parents and well, I told him I just met my mom." Something calms inside of me. If Dad knew before Mom, that would create a whole mess. They might have talked about this when I wasn't with them.

"We should tell your mom soon, Scott. I think I'm ready to meet the Graysons. Once Finals are over. If that's okay?" he adds. I nod quickly, rubbing the slight stubble on his chin with my thumb. "Yes. I think she should know. We'll do that. Did you think about if you wanted me to come with you?" I question him.

We've talked about this before and he said he would go alone but I questioned him about it again a while back and he said he would think about it. "Do you want to come?" he asks me and I nod. "I want to be there for you, of course, I want to come." The Graysons live about thirty minutes away from Miles. We've done the calculations. Even if he says no, I'll be close by. Miles nods slowly like he's thinking about what to say.

"Yeah, come with. Be my anchor." His face lights up with a cute smile and he brings me on top of him while he lays flat on his back. I place my hands on his bare chest. Yay. "I like this angle," I tell him, making a fake camera with my hands and pointing it at him. He looks into my eyes heatedly. "Me too, Scott." Oh, my gosh. The way he said it made my face flush instantly. He places his large hands on my hips and it lights up my whole body.

Why does he have to be so sexy?

I lower my body onto his and kiss his lips in a peck. It doesn't stay a peck for long though. Our mouths clash for a couple of minutes and I feel him get hard underneath me. It makes me squirmy because oh my lord is he really that big? Just because I'm a virgin doesn't mean I haven't done things with men. I've given oral but never to someone his size. I haven't even seen it but I just feel it. That has to hurt.

Our kisses get slower over time just making things one thousand times hotter. My heart is racing at this point and I crave more. I grab my own shirt and attempt to pull it over my head but Miles stops immediately. He's never seen me even remotely naked. I've only seen him shirtless. I know he's trying to pace us because I'm a virgin which frustrates me a little.

His lips detach from mine and I can see the need in his eyes. We both want it yet he's still stopping me. "Miles.." I start. He sits up but I stay on his lap. "I want you, baby. I do," Miles says, running his hand through my hair to push it out of my face. He shakes his head. "I don't want to rush it. I don't want you to regret it with me. That would kill me, Scott," he admits.

He makes a pained expression. "I don't regret anything with you. I told myself I was waiting for the right person to do this with and you're the right person. It's you, I've told you that. You're the guy for me, we both know it," I mutter, pressing my forehead to his. There's no question in my head that I want this with him.

I want everything with him.

Miles shakes his head. "I don't want to hurt you, Scott. I'm scared," he tells me. Well, that's the least of my worries. I've been told that sex hurts but it'll pass. I'm not scared of that at all. Plus, Miles will make me feel comfortable, I'm sure of it. "You won't," I kiss his lips, "you'll be careful with me, I know you will." His pretty gray eyes stare into mine and it makes my heart melt.

The only time I've ever seen him have this emotion on his face is when he admitted his feelings for me. Deciding that tonight might not be the night, I let it go and bring him down to lay next to me again. "Scott," he whispers. The lights in my room disappear when I press the remote to turn them off. "Yeah?" I reply. It takes Miles a couple of seconds to reply.

"You mean a lot to me. These past weeks with you have been the best of my life, no doubt. I'm always going to look out for you first and put your needs above mine. I don't want to fuck this up with you. It would sting if I did. Please just... don't go. Don't run away from this," he breathes. My eyes glass with tears. If only he knew. I could never leave. Not anymore. I'm in deep.

"Never. You're stuck with me," I assure him, kissing his cheek lightly. He grabs my head and kisses the top of it. "My dad might have fucked it with your mom but I'm not making the same mistake with you. We'll be what they couldn't be," Miles offers. My mom got her happy ending with the right man. The one who loved her. Miles and I make sense because our parents past.

This generation is just a little different. A little better I'd say.