sixty-nine.

Nola Scott

We celebrated Miles' 25th birthday last night.

I don't remember the last time I'd gotten so drunk. Turns out so did the birthday boy. Somehow ended up in his bed, heads throbbing when we woke up this morning. A lot of last night's memories are blurry to me. We threw something small for Miles at his house. A couple of friends and his mom and dad showed out for a while. Even Tiffany, his manager, came. It was the first time we met and she was shocked when he introduced me as his girlfriend.

The look on her face was priceless but she said she was happy Miles finally let himself have some fun with someone other than him himself. She's funny and we had a great time together. I also remember JT getting pretty drunk.

Overall, it was a good time with good people but drinking that much always kills my day. All we wanted to do was stay in bed with the way we felt. I threw up about three times while Miles held my hair. The alcohol was coming out of system but I still felt terrible.

Miles was a big baby when he was hungover - even worse than me - so I left him to sleep. JT and I laid on the couch and watched some random Netflix movie, both of us with ice packs on our foreheads. Ember sleeps peacefully upstairs in his room. She didn't get as drunk as us but she stayed up late to make sure JT was okay so she's getting her sleep in now.

"I missed this you know? Hanging out with you like this. Even though we have raging hangovers. It's nice for it to be just me and you again," JT admits, smiling over at me. "Aw Jay, I agree. I missed you." I get closer to him, laying my head on his shoulder. He's been extremely busy with hockey and school. Most of his free time he'll spend it with Em. We talk on the phone nights but we haven't actually hung out like this in a long while.

"Do you remember anything from last night?" I ask Jay. His brows pinch together in thought and then he chuckles. "Yeah. I remember you falling on your ass and taking Em down with you," he tells me. My eyes widen as I sit up slightly. "When did that happen?" I question. "You were looking for Miles after taking three more shots with Kait. Em could barely keep you upright and you fell on your butt with a drink in your hand. Your liquor landed all over Em," he explains.

Oh, God.

I let out a groan, not even remembering the embarrassing scene. Em's probably pissed about that. "Did Miles see?" I question, cheeks suddenly heating up. The image of his face seeing me fall on my ass, sloppily drunk, makes me want to die. "Nah, he was off somewhere else. Other people saw though," Jay says.

Ugh. This is why I try and control my drinking. It was Miles' birthday though. He wanted us to both have fun that night.

"It's just me, the guys and some of their girls, and mom and dad. If they decide to show up," Miles told me yesterday morning. "So you can be comfortable and yourself. It's rare that I drink but I'm halfway to thirty so I think I deserve a fun night. Before I become a grandpa." My brows pinched together. "Your bedtime is nine pm most nights. I think you've earned the grandpa title, babe," I teased.

He laughed and pulled me closer to his body. His warmth radiated off of him and I hugged his waist. "Let's have some fun, baby. Then if you're up for it, you can give me my birthday gift later on when it's just the two of us," he said, slapping my ass lightly. My cheeks flushed and I squeezed my legs together as memories from last night flooded my brain.

Now that we had a taste of each other, it was hard to keep our hands off each other. Or should I say out of each other's pants? Miles looked down at me, his gorgeous gray eyes dark all of a sudden. "Hmmm. Maybe. Let's see how the night goes," I responded.

That second part never ended up happening. We were both too drunk to even think. Still, I'm glad we both had fun. I wonder if I did anything else to embarrass myself though. The last thing I wanted to do was have Miles' teammates and their significant others look at me differently. So far, they've all been great and inviting.