Shadow and Sonia Visiting

About a minute later, a knock was heard.

Sonic asked weakly, "Who could that be?"

Manic replied as he went to the door, "Probably Mom and Dad 'checking on us again.'"

But when Manic opened the door, it revealed not their parents but Shadow and Sonia 'who was 8 months pregnant with their first child'.

Manic asked, 'What are you guys doing here?"

Shadow and Sonia entered without a word as Sonia looked at her brother with sorrow before looking down.

Manic sighed deeply and said, "You found out didn't you?"

Shadow replied with an upset tone, "Of course we did. Mom and Dad told us everything. Why didn't you tell us?"

Manic answered him with tears, "Because you hate us for every heart we shattered."

Shadows upset look turns a little calm before he said, "We don't hate you. We just cannot stand how you both break peoples hearts."

Sonia then said sadly, 'Besides, you both are my brothers. I can never bring myself to hate you. I mean you two changed. We realize that when you both were giving me a pep talk at my wedding and a much needed support when I announce my pregnancy."

Manic said nothing as he went back to sit on the couch to comfort his brother.

Shadow and Sonia looked at him in concern.

Shadow asked, 'Any updates?"

Manic replied with a upset tone as Sonic coughed, "H-He's getting worst. The doctor said he has a month to live. Un-Unless we can get the money for his surgery in time he'll die."

Sonia gasped before she said, "But that's my baby's due date. No it can't end like this!"

Sonic sighed deeply before he said, "I-its okay sis. I mean, Even if I do die. At least I can have one last chance with Knuckles. It would make me happy to spend time with him. To make things right with him. Even just this once."

Sonia and Shadow looked at each other 'indicating one another that they have not heard.'

Shadow said to them, 'Excuse us for a minute."

The two went into the kitchen as Shadow whispered, 'Honey I don't think they heard Knuckles dating Infinite."

Sonia replied with a nod, 'Yeah I'm afraid so."

Shadow asked her quietly, 'Should we tell him about them?"

Then they heard something that shook them to their core.

Manic asked, 'It is not my business but is he single?"

Sonic answered weakly but happily, "Oh yes. He is. He said so himself in a angry way."

The two gasped before Shadow said in a shocked tone, 'Sonic does not know. My God, Knuckles lied to him."

Sonia replied, "That is not a good sign. We cannot tell him."

Shadow asked, 'Why not?"

Sonia answered with concern, "Shadow, even in their cheating days Sonic has a type. He does not date people that lie about being single."

Shadow 'feeling stupid for forgetting that' and said with a worried but serious tone, "Your right about that Sonia. Sonic gets hateful towards people who lie about being single and also will never know if they are telling the truth or not. It is not a good sign. If Sonic found out about Infinite dating Knuckles, he'll hate Knuckles for sure."

Sonia nodded in agreement but right now they're attention is on the sick blue hedgehog.

But try as Sonic may, it will never be easy.