One Little Slip

For about a few months things were a little. But things were just a little intense between Sonic and Knuckles.

The pays good but Knuckles wanted Sonics attention more than anything.

He could only be casual towards him because of the cobalt hedgehog's anger from that lie.

Knuckles had been a good assistant to Sonic but Sonic is only treating him coldly.

Though when they are on break, Knuckles tried to offer Sonic his time, but the blue hedgehog refused and ate alone.

Knuckles could never blame him. After what happened, the red echidna wanted nothing more than Sonics forgiveness.

Just as Sonic wanted his when he was ill.

But now Sonic did not want it nor a last chance.

They were just hurting each other in separate times. Sonic may have cheated on Knuckles but Knuckles hurt him as Sonic did.

The air felt tense and thick whenever Knuckles had tried to even talk to Sonic normally, but Sonic only glanced at him coldly and walked off.

He only talks to him casually and coldly.

What was an echidna to do?

That was when one day, Sonic was just finishing up a chapter of his story, when Knuckles came in with a bottle of champagne.

Sonic asked coldly, "I said a cup of coffee not a bottle of wine dumbass."

Knuckles replied to him as he walked to him, "Actually its a bottle of champagne. One of your workers got it for you and I told him I'll bring it to you."

Sonic rolled his eyes before he continued typing.

Knuckles asked nervously as he swallowed, "So, want to have a drink?"

Sonic answered casually, "No, I do not drink. Besides it messes with my head."

Knuckles tried to convince him but Sonic dismissed it. Knuckles was going to walk to him a little more but he then tripped. causing the champagne bottle to be flown to his computer and the bottle smashed.

Sonics eyes widened as the computer sparked and turned off.

Sonic shouted 'No' and growled.

Sonic shouted at Knuckles, "YOU IDIOT!! IT TOOK ME 8 WHOLE FUCKING MONTHS TO WRITE THOSE PAGES!! 8 FUCKING MONTHS OF HARD WORK GONE!!"

Knuckles muttered, "I'm sorry... It was an accident."

Knuckles stood up before Sonic slapped him in the face. He then said, "Your suspended from work with full pay for 8 weeks. Now get out of my sight."

Knuckles sniffed and asked, "Please Sonic. I-I never meant to... I know your mad at me for lying but... I want my last chance with you. Please forgive me?"

Sonic then said, "I will not say this again. GET OUT!!"

Knuckles obeyed and ran off.

(At home)

Knuckles sobbed softly and felt his heart was torn to shreds. Knuckles sighed deeply and asked, "How can I even make this up to him? He has tried when he was sick. But now, I want to give him one last chance. What can I do?"

Knuckles sniffed and sat on the couch. But that is when he heard a clink sound on the floor.

He saw 'on the ground' a flash drive.

Knuckles picked it up and looked at it.

that is when he got out his laptop and plugged the flash drive in. Once the flash drive was in, it revealed to be the story Sonic was working on.

Knuckles said to himself, "This must be the story Sonic had been working on. I gotta admit. It is a bit impressive."

That is when Knuckles had an idea to make Sonic see he wasn't a deceiving liar after all.