Not Meant For You

It was raining, Knuckles had to find a job while sighing. If he had to keep living in that cheap apartment the least, he could do is get a new job.

He then looked at the hospital and sees Sonic is released. The blue hedgehog has recovered while his hands were in his pocket.

Luckily his brother gave him a spare change of clothes yesterday before he got released.

Knuckles felt tears in his eyes. Sonic didn't even notice him as he was walking to his father's workplace 'which was not very far considering it is five blocks away'.

He and Manic are going to take over his Fathers company after all.

Knuckles didn't hesitate to run after him.

The red echidna then shouted, "WAIT!" Sonic stopped as he heard that voice of his.

He didn't bother turning around considering he knew who it is.

Sonic asked lowly but flatly as he let out a stressful sigh, "What do you want?"

Knuckles walks to him before he touched Sonics shoulder and asked, "Y-your still mad at me for lying to you. Aren't you?"

Sonics angered silence sent chills down Knuckles spine as Sonic sweeps his hand away from his shoulder.

Undoubtably Sonic really is giving him the cold shoulder.

Knuckles then said in tears, "S-Sonic...? I-If it makes you feel better, I'll accept giving you one last chance. Please look at me. I'll give you it..."

Sonic then said to him in an upset tone, "You told me yourself; my last chance was in college. Don't even bother me ever again. I rather not be seen with you anymore."

Knuckles was a little hurt before he said, "Wh-what? What do you mean? Please Sonic, I'm sorry."

Sonic replied coldly but calmly, "Like hell you are. I don't know if you're telling the truth anymore. You were right I am not meant for you, and I never will be. Go back to your boyfriend, Knuckles. You got what you wanted. Me not seeing you again."

With no other words Sonic walked off as Knuckles stood there in the rain alone. Sonic said to himself, "Maybe I'll find someone someday. Someone who is really telling the truth about being single."

Knuckles sniffed before he said, "Sonic... Don't do this... I already... Please don't go... I wish I never lied to you... I love you..."

He started to slowly cry as his heart sank watching Sonic go. Sonic wanted to show Knuckles that he really loved him, but he failed to see it. Now Knuckles blames himself all because of one lie he wish to take back.