P R O L O U G E

M E N T A L L Y T R A P P E D

"Savior, your mother and father is gone

"Savior, your mother and father is gone. You have to accept that." Skai bends down shaking his shoulder.

She'd been picking him up from school everyday at the same time for the same outburst.

"Why do you keep on getting so short-tempered." She says frustratedly as the six-year old boy looks at her unfazed.

"Yuh need fi tek time wid him. A 3 year now lee-anna and pablo dead but that nuh mean seh the likkle juvi ago get over it." Duijai said to skai as she rubbed her hands over her face frustratingly.

"Mi jus nuh know weh fi do wid him. Him get angered so easy too easy and him nuh have no remorse fi weh him do." She says as the six year old boy looks up at her.

In his mind he was wondering why she was crying or sounding like she was about to cry. He didn't care to find out though.

"You? Yuh need fi go a one mental hospital. And mi a carry yuh todeh todeh." Skai said as more tears dropped.

She was missing her bestfriend more than ever. Lee-anna the most beautiful girl in the world had came into her life when she was 23.

Duijai felt the same ache for his twin. Nights of silent cries so noone else would think he was weak.

The drive to the psychiatrist was silent, noone said anything as savior's mind raced. His mind giving him urges to hurt himself.

Pressing down in his palm to suppress the urges was something he normally did and that could be confirmed with the crescent shaped bruises in his palms.

Upon arriving , a psychiatrist opted to see him right away.

After having a physical exam and getting a brief medical history they had a sit down.

Leaning forward, the psychiatrist prepared to tell them the bad news.

"Your nephew has been unfortunately diagnosed with Intermittent Explosive Disorder, for short IED. This is an impulse control disorder characterized by aggressive outbursts that has a rapid onset and, typically, with little to no warning. Outbursts typically last for less than 30 minutes, and usually occur in response to a minor provocation usually caused by a friend, family member or in his case, classmates." She said allowing them to take it all in.

They knew he wasn't okay, they just blamed it on his parents passing away and thought it would dissolve away with time. They didn't understand that, it was deeper rooted. He had issues caused by watching his parents die, yes but it was more than that.

His brain clicked off, completely isolating himself at his young age he was begging for the ability to take revenge.

"He's also diagnosed with Antisocial Personality Disorder. Or to simply put it, he's a sociopath with psychotic tendencies. The traits he's developing or has already attained ranges from exploitation, manipulation or violating the rights of others." She paused to let them soak it in.

"He lacks concern, regret or remorse about other people's distress. He will start to behave irresponsibly and show disregard for normal social behaviour. And he'll also have difficulty sustaining long-term relationships." She further explained causing a tear to discretely fall from Duijai's eyes.

He missed twin, and having a living embodiment of her was helping. Learning that the death left him so fucked up was what hurt.

He can't imagine his three kids going through that which is why he fought so hard to stay alive.

To have the killer still out there puzzles him more.

"Who could've done it?"

That was the question frequently asked by everyone.

"He will be on medication to keep it down, and he will also have regular therapy sessions throughout his life." The psychiatrist explains as they walk out of her office with the necessary information and heavy hearts.

"Yaago good enuh savior. Yuh save yuh father one too many times. Pity seh him couldn't deh here fi save yuh from this." Duijai said as the little boy held onto his pinky finger nodding slowly.

Savior hated when anyone mentioned his parents, even though he was young he knew his uncle was just coming from a genuine place.

"He'll be alright." Skai says.

"The medication and therapy will help, they ought to help." She convinces everyone.

But, will they?