07 TEAM Y

07. TEAM Y

*⋆。˚𖦹࣪˖ ִֶָ⋆。°✩

THIS

game was the deciding one, because, if you lost it, then you lost everything. Team Y lost to Team V—Kyouka's team—by a landslide, so you had a little more faith in your team than you did last time (a very, very miserable game if you'd say so yourself). Now that you all had a (sort of) plan with a lamely terrible name to make sure everyone had a chance to shine, your team were all set. Even you felt yourself getting a little pumped up, knowing that if they lost this—it would be the end. They needed to win. They had to. For your sake.

Iemon sets your bag down on the bench, and you quietly thank him before he runs off, to his teammates, and you start unpacking. You pull out your notebook, and snap the lid off your pen—attaching it to the back—and scribbling down a title:

GAME 2 — TEAM Y

You give yourself a satisfied little smile, and you nod to yourself. Yeah. This would be good. You had a better chance of winning against the lower-ranked team. Sure, you were all still the lowest, but they weren't too far off, and who knows what their teamwork would be like? You have faith. You believe in your team.

You freeze up when you feel a strangely familiar glare on your back, and you slowly turn your head—meeting flaming, ruby-red eyes that bore into your soul, and a mop of bleached blonde hair to go with them. Bleach-head, your unofficial official rival manager.

Instead of backing away from her glare like you usually did, you meet it with just as much ferocity, eyes squinted at her and narrowed. Her irises widened, and she scowled, lips turning down before she promptly turned away, sticking her face up, away from you. You grin—counting this as a win. [name] 1, Bleach-head, 34.

The whistle blows, and your head immediately snaps up to the field, seeing Kunigami pass to Bachira. You place your face in your hands, watching intently. Bachira dribbled around a red player, making use of his special skill. A boy comes in from behind and steals the ball from him while he is distracted by two other players in front of him. The boy, with hair covering his eyes completely (seriously, how does he see?) monologues for a bit, which leaves an opening for Bachira to pass the ball to Igaguri—who, as soon as he sees the boisterous boy free, passes the ball right back to him.

The players on the red team all crowded your team's players and seemed to have a marker for almost everyone. While your original plan was to go for a more offensive-centred route—so everyone had their chance to shine, your opponents looked to be on the more defensive side, making sure each player was accounted for and blocked. It's not half-bad, you think, and look over at Bleach-head. She seems to be just as focused as you are, eyes narrowed at the field and nails digging into her milky white skin.