53 FREE

53. FREE

*⋆。˚𖦹࣪˖ ִֶָ⋆。°✩

YOU 

gently allow Chigiri to take a seat on the edge of the pristine, white bed. Niko is the one on the opposite side of him, clutching his foot that is perched upon the white sheets.

The first thing you should do... is check if there are any external injuries.

You kneel down in front of Niko, eyes filled with concern, "Where do you feel the most pain?" He motions towards his foot, clearly, and around the left side of his waist, where he crashed against the ground earlier.

You make him take off his sock and shoe on the pained foot. There's nothing. Good. He lifts his shirt slightly and there's nothing there either. That's also good. You let out a little sigh of relief and you nod at him. "That's good. Is the pain unbearable? Or is it more similar to a stinging sensation?"

"It's more like it's stinging." He mumbles, voice low. His bangs hang low over his eyes as he lowers his head down, "I don't think anything too bad happened to me. It's just hard to walk."

"So you can't play." You finish his words for him, and with his nod, you nod back, pressing your lips tightly together. "Right. That's good. You can just rest here if you need, or you can go back and sit on the sidelines. I don't think you're going to get back in, though."

Niko shakes his head, bangs swaying with his movements. His lips are pulled taut downwards, "I don't mind. I'm fine. I'll leave." 

"Okay." You say, voice quiet. "I'm sorry you got subbed out, Niko. You can come back here and get some painkillers if the pain gets worse."

He doesn't say anything back, but he nods to let you know he heard you. Niko stands up from the bed and on one foot, limps towards the door. You watch him leave in silence until he shuts the door behind him and you're left alone with Chigiri.

This is...

Awkward.

To say the least. But you can't find it within yourself to care about the uncomfortable tension in the room when you see the expression on Chigiri's face. He's clutching the roots of his bright red hair and sweat drips down his face with clumped drops down his chin. He's mumbling something—you can't quite make out what he's actually saying, though.

But you can see the way his grip is tightening and he looks like he might actually start to spiral if you don't do anything. You quickly grab onto his fair-skinned palms and remove them from his hair before he pulls it out, "Chigiri."