14 GOAL!

14. GOAL!

*⋆。˚𖦹࣪˖ ִֶָ⋆。°✩

THE

game continued after what felt like seconds for you, walking back to your seat and setting your (significantly lighter) bag down. As soon as the whistle blows, the ball is passed to Kunigami, and he's quickly pressed by defenders of the other side. It's no surprise, considering the inhuman shot he had just made less than 15 minutes before. Kunigami makes the wise decision and passes the ball over to Bachira—who kicks it over to Gagamaru. The pass is short, though, and it seemed Gagamaru took a few steps too forward, so, he had to take the drastic decision.

The ball flies off of his feet—you watch with wide eyes at his *scorpion kick—as he utilizes his insane flexibility to get the ball into the corner of the net. It seemed like it was going to fly in, until Zantetsu, popped up out of nowhere, headbutting the ball away from the goalpost. The ball flies over to Isagi and he catches it with his chest, running forward until his path is blocked and the ball is stolen from underneath his feet. 

Isagi runs after the ball, a strange blue aura emitting from him in waves, but Nagi comes up right beside him, muttering something. Isagi visibly growls, gritting his teeth and dashes forward, and Nagi slows down until he's standing still—watching Isagi run. 

"Just stay up top!" You can hear something—for once—which is Reo shouting directions at his plebian teammates, "We'll hit them on the counter—!!!" However, he is abruptly cut off when Raichi dives into his side, hand forcefully shoved in front of Reo's chest and grins wickedly. He says something to him with malice evident in his expression—something that clearly seems to tick him off or hit a previously cooled nerve.

Reo slams his elbow into Raichi's throat with full force, and the sharp-toothed boy stumbles back in response, clutching his injured area but still holding a wicked grin. Your eyes widen and you gasp, but that shock quickly turns to white-hot rage as your brows furrow and your jaw clenches. You stand up out of your seat and you take a single step forward, foot hovering behind the white line separating you from the court. You can barely feel Kyouka's slim fingers wrapping around your arm to keep you grounded and to not do something you would regret.

A whistle blows, and the speaker's voice booms across the room, "Team V, number 9. Reo Mikage—for elbowing an opponent, you receive a yellow card." Your eyes narrowed directly at that purple-haired boy and you sit down, lips still pressed tightly together.

That was deserving of a red, you think, folding a leg over your other, then resting your elbows on your knee. Raichi quickly kicks the ball over to Chigiri, who quickly runs to the side. Zantetsu is right on him, however, and reacts faster than Chigiri can move. The redhead glares, then kicks the ball forward and dashes after it, Zantetsu following. The glasses-wearer has a burst of speed and zooms past Chigiri, but it takes only a few seconds for that speed to wear down and Chigiri to gain the ground in speed once again.