50 U-20, BEGIN!

50. U-20, BEGIN!

note: chapter 50! this feels like it took no time whatsoever (50 chaps in 3 months. approx. 2k words per chap. that's 100k words ummm i actually need to touch grass dudee)

*⋆。˚𖦹࣪˖ ִֶָ⋆。°✩

THE

ball is started in Rin's hands, and quickly passed over to Isagi. The striker runs forward, but is immediately met with Itoshi Sae, so he has no choice but to pass over to the main striker of this match—back to Rin. Rin then utilises the triangle formation that has been planned out by Nagi and Isagi, passing back and forth between each other.

Both Bachira and Chigiri—who were placed at the back—run down the field to make themselves available to be passed to—a strategy that had been explained by Ego during your time away. 

For Karasu to fall back as a defensive midfielder when we're on the offensive side, and for Chigiri and Bachira to run up to make themselves available to score... A play only capable because of the fact they're all strikers.

Isagi looks around, after being met with Sendou, for the best possible option to pass. His eyes meet that of bright, golden yellow—and he passes the ball over to Bachira. Catching it with simple ease, he's quickly met with the tired face of Hayate Haru.

However, Bachira being the sneaky dribbler he is—already thought of a plan to get past Hayate with rush turns and twists behind him—leaving him in his dust. Bachira looks around when he's stopped in his tracks by Neru—observing the field around him for the best option. It could only ever be one person.

Isagi...

The ball flies up into the air and Isagi runs for it—it really looks like he's going to receive it perfectly—when it's caught with an incredibly high header, falling out of bounds—by Oliver Aiku. Your jaw positively drops when you see how high he was able to leap, and how he lands on the ground like it was no big deal.

His defence is no joke. You knew this already, just from watching their training camp, but seeing it in a real game like this made it all the more incredible. He saw everything perfectly and swooped in at the most crucial moment—wasting not a second of his time.

The crowd chants his name as he stands up—with a smirk too cocky—staring directly at Isagi. It sends shivers flitting down your nerves. 

Chigiri picks up the throw-in, and Isagi catches it with ease. Running down the side-line, without their star speedster in play at this moment—there can only be one other person who can disappear and blend into the crowd.