64 FC BARCHA

64. FC BARCHA

note: i have an idea. since reader is with bastard munchen obvi they will become close with a select few characters and if she cant see the others i cant do fanservice kiss scenes grrr

so im thinking that after every nel game (not the this match since its the first one + developing kaisers relationship takes main priority rn)  reader will visit the other stratums and there will be one or two scenes in each one. we good??? we like it??? idk how else to make it work lol

˖*⋆。˚𖦹࣪˖ ִֶָ⋆。°✩

THE

first match of the NEL, your team against FC Barcha, comes faster than you can really process. It feels like it's been only a day or two, when in reality, it's been a whole week and now, your players are all warming up.

The bench here is really nice. It's not even an actual bench, it's all separate, comfy chairs. The budget has seriously risen since this whole Blue Lock TV thing. Still, you carry around your baby—your cooler bag, and set it gently on the ground, beside your feet.

The only Blue Locker on the starting line-up ended up being Kunigami—much to all your other players' disappointment—but at least you have some friends on the bench with you, you think. Isagi in particular looks really bothered by this fact.

"Cheer up," you try and say, awkwardly smiling. "I'm sure you'll get out there soon. You can watch the game from here and pick up things you wouldn't usually see if you were off the field."

Your mediocre attempt at comforting him actually seems to work. He stares at you in surprise for a moment—but he soon looks to be consumed by his thoughts straight after. You have no clue what Isagi Yoichi is thinking about at this moment.

Oh well. At least he's not upset anymore. Probably, you think.

The speaker blares its noise throughout the room, still a screechy, static-y noise, "And now, for the other team, FC Barcha... may their starting members come in!"

The two faces you almost immediately recognise are those of Otoya Eita and Bachira Meguru. Your eyes widen in surprise at the sight of them in the middle of their teammates, each throwing up dynamic hand poses of their own. "New Bachira... debuts!"

"Here's the reborn Otoya, yo." Otoya blankly states, in an all-too bland sing-song voice.

Beside them, you spot the faces of your friends, "Don't play around too much. Still need to win, you know," Komi's voice is a familiar source of comfort—her glasses are still as sharp as ever, and her gaze even more so.