60 CHOICE OF TEAMS

60. CHOICE OF TEAMS

˖*⋆。˚𖦹࣪˖ ִֶָ⋆。°✩

THE

Neo Egoist League, NEL for short. It took a good thirty-five minutes for Ego to explain it all to you, and all the things you'll have to end up doing. Whether it be assisting the coaches, who are world-class strikers—how exciting! Well, you probably would've been a bit more excited if you knew who any of them were, but still.

Another thing—everything is broadcast live. From the moment you stepped foot within the Blue Lock building, you were on national television. That really is exciting—to Kyouka more than others, with how her face lit up and she kept adjusting her bangs to make sure they looked good.

You, for one, didn't really care all that much about the Blue Lock TV thing—since you did technically get your privacy, and it increased your pay by tenfold.

Speaking of pay—players could now earn bids from clubs, since everything was being broadcast, their skills were on full blast to anybody who wished to recruit them. This fact made your heart warm because for all of them, you truly did wish for the best. They've all come so far, and this is the least they deserve. 

(It also sparks some interesting competition between the players, but you didn't want to mention that. You're supposed to have wholesome thoughts. With each day, you're turning more and more like Ego.)

With so many new people and teams coming into Blue Lock, you can't help but wonder when everything in the place had been changed. The layout was completely different—each section of the Pentagon building was reserved for one team, and they would not be able to leave as soon as they went inside with their selected team.

You were confused but decided that the degradation from Ego would not be worth the answer to your questions.

However, out of all the menial tasks Ego explained in greater detail than necessary, one thing in particular stood out to you.

"Each of you will have a team of choice to manage. You all will get bids as well—depending on your team's performance and how important you are to their organization. Coaches and clubs are looking for diligent, responsible managers who can take care of their players without objection—not whiny brats who give up as soon as they're met with a player who has a difficult personality. Take this into consideration—your team, players, and bids will affect you too."

Bids... If you were truly a good, diligent caretaker, this would be the thing to let you know. If anybody actually wants you—this will let you know. The prospect makes you feel a little nervous. Until now, there hasn't been any direct competition between you all.