19 BYE BYE, BACHIRA!

19. BYE BYE, BACHIRA!

*⋆。˚𖦹࣪˖ ִֶָ⋆。°✩

IT'S

easy for somebody to get confused by Bachira's unpredictable patterns. The way he grins, laughs, talks, and even plays soccer, is strange in an almost amazing kind of way. He can dribble his way out of any situation—soccer or not. Even he gets you feeling confused at times, with the way he hides his words behind a wide grin, and the way he talks about his monster with such an excited expression—if you can say one thing for sure, it would be that Meguru Bachira is not an easily-predictable person. 

That's why you aren't too surprised at how Tokimitsu gets all muddled up and tongue-tied when he's in a 1v1 with Bachira—the boy dribbling the ball around his feet faster than your eye could catch. He easily slips past the bigger boy, meeting face-to-face with Rin. However—Rin doesn't even move as Bachira fakes him out, slipping the ball over his head towards Nagi.

Aryu appears behind Nagi, hair swaying gently in the wind (there's no wind in here??? you think, squinting at him, thoroughly confused) and the snow-haired boy notices. That's why he sends the ball back forward with the tip of his shoe, over to Isagi—who proceeds to blast it forward, past Aryu's head, into the goal with a straight shot.

Bachira runs up and slaps Isagi on the back, and you feel a weight lifting off your shoulders at how they both grin and laugh with each other. Maybe this won't be too bad. Maybe they could actually win. You feel your chest grow lighter—a bright spark of hope igniting within your stomach. Nagi gives Isagi a high-five with his regular nonchalant expression, and you meet Isagi's eyes after to give him a grin.

The ball finds its way back to the middle of the field, underneath Rin's heel. You can see his lips move to form words, but you can't quite catch what he's saying from your distance—you can only hear the blow of a whistle when he pelts the ball forward, into the goal behind your team. Your jaw positively drops at this show—and it seems, so does both his and your team's—and Komi splutters out a sentence after a second of silence.

"What... what even..." She wipes the lens of her glasses—like doing that will make that scene replay back in her mind—and with lips parted, watches how Rin takes the ball back casually from the net, walking past Isagi and your team with a cold look. He tosses it over his shoulder without so much as a glance—and it seems to take Isagi by surprise, catching it under his foot.

The whistle blows, and Isagi immediately passes to Bachira. Your team of three all run forward, and Bachira makes the ball travel over to Nagi—who compliments the elegance of his pass—before going for it. He's taken by surprise when Aryu jumps up, using his massive height to catch the ball atop his head and run forward when Tokimitsu takes ahold of the ball.