65 THE WIN AGAINST SPAIN

65. THE WIN AGAINST SPAIN

˖*⋆。˚𖦹࣪˖ ִֶָ⋆。°✩

THE

speakerhead's screechy voice bounces off the walls of the room, echoing throughout the halls, "Now, both teams are making substitutions! For Bastard München, Noel Noa and Isagi Yoichi are in. Kunigami Rensuke and Gesner benched! For FC Barcha, Lara is replaced by Lavinho!"

With an even score of 1 — 1, this is the perfect opportunity for Isagi to get into the game—and prove his existence on the field. You know he can do it. Always, Isagi pulls through, even when things look their worst. That is just his talent.

The kick-off begins, and Lavinho immediately takes possession of the ball. Noa meets him head-on, and the two begin their own little duel. Every time Lavinho tries to duke out Noa, he just uses his brute force to make his back way in the tanned male's path—it's almost mesmerising to watch.

Bachira, Kaiser, and Isagi all simply watch the two juke it out—until they don't. Isagi rushes in—but he's used as a simple obstacle for Lavinho to dribble around, and block Noa's path so he's unable to reach the dancer. It's humiliating to watch—your teammates jeering at him that he's in the way make that part very clear—Isagi would've fallen over if Noa had not caught him by the shoulder first, Lavinho was that good.

Mariele's face doesn't change, at all. Not even when Isagi ran in blindly, she did not cringe, wince, or even hiss lowly—she only stared, mildly fascinated, or bored, you can't tell. Her facial expressions are so hard to read, you've never met anyone like her. "That was... a stupid move."

It's not insulting, nor degrading—it's simply facts, and she says it that way. It's refreshing to hear. You nod with your head lowered, partially embarrassed for him, "Yeah. But... we can't really blame him. I don't think he knew Lavinho would get around him that easily."

"Mhm. Still, maybe he should've looked around to see what everyone else was doing and followed. She nods right back, eyes half-lidded and focused as she stares at what's occurring on the field. Lavinho taps the ball into the goal with the back of his foot after juking out the goalie, taking a bow like he's an entertainer rather than a soccer player.

You... don't agree with what she said. 

If anybody in Blue Lock did that... none of them would be here right now.

But you don't comment on it, you only stare in silence—looking forward to see what may come next.

What comes next is Noa scoring a show-stopping goal—overcoming the obstacle that is Barcha's master, and proving his title as the best striker in the world true—scores with little effort. 

Jumping over Lavinho's back, using his ambidexterity to its full capability... he really is amazing. You almost can't believe that he, the Noel Noa, is now, technically, your coach. It feels so surreal. All of this does.