38 A FAIR TRADE-OFF

38. A FAIR TRADE-OFF

*⋆。˚𖦹࣪˖ ִֶָ⋆。°✩

LAST

night felt like a feverish dream. You can hardly remember what really went down—and the only reason you could differentiate it from such a dream was the vivid, unmistakable feeling of his lips against yours. The mere thought of the intensity in his eyes made your stomach twist and heart skip a beat, fingers clenched into your palm. 

Nagi Seishiro had always been confusing, and just when you thought you had him figured out, he became even more of an anomaly in your perfectly ordinary life. Just great.

You couldn't say you were mad, though, more conflicted. You were completely unsure of how to feel—and maybe you'd like to keep it that way. Feelings are confusing, you realise, thinking back to the moment between Chigiri as well. You hadn't seen him in a while. You should say hi when you get the chance. You also don't know what kind of thing you have going on with Bachira, too, with how touchy he is—so much touchier than anybody else by a long shot.

Does he like-like me? Or is he just insanely comfortable and doesn't get how it comes off?

You're exhausted—you don't want to think about this. Screw Ego, this was all his fault. When anything goes wrong, your immediate reaction is to just blame Ego—nine out of ten times it is his fault anyway, even if indirectly.

Whatever.

You stop feeling sorry for yourself and get up out of bed, rolling out of the white covers and slipping on your slippers—or you would've if they hadn't already been on some other gross pair of feet. You mumble every curse word you know under your breath, eyes half-lidded, and you're still tired, even when you groan, "Shidou... stop wearing my slippers..."

You can still hardly believe you're living under the same roof as somebody like Ryusei Shidou for a moment—but you're quickly brought back to his reality by the feeling of your own slipper being shoved into your face.

Just great. That's exactly how you wanted to start the morning.

He peeks his face out—too evil and smug for somebody who's wearing My Melody's face on their feet at this moment—with a wicked grin, "Not until you tell me where the fuck you were last night. I beat Rin's ass and you weren't even there to watch!" He confesses, uncaring of a button being gripped tightly in your left hand, thumb itching to just press the device.

As if you'd tell him—you send him a swift, sharp glare.

The shock device—something you were mostly unfamiliar with until you began living underneath the same roof as Ryusei Shidou. Ego had personally left it on your bed with a note that says "Use if threatened and/or physical altercation occurring. Misuse will lead to expulsion."