68 VISIT FROM ENGLAND

68. VISIT FROM ENGLAND

note: tragic doomed yuri yuri yuri YES i effing love lesbians

˖*⋆。˚𖦹࣪˖ ִֶָ⋆。°✩

THREE

more days until your team's game with England, and things have never been more tense. Berating Igaguri to not skip training, wondering why Hiori even showed up to training (he never even cracked a sweat once—key: he did not ever try), and spending more lunches with Kaiser and his little dog than you would've liked—things did not look so good, even for you.

You didn't want to sound too rude or crass—but Noa really did not do much to stop this. In fact, most of the work for the team (not involving soccer directly) was left to you two managers. Mariele would usually be the voice of reason for her German teammates (though, they wouldn't listen to her more often than not) and you were forced to be the mediator between your Blue Lock friends (of course, often their anger would get the better of them and they would brawl anyways).

All in all, it has been a long week.

Luckily for you—you're starting to think that Mariele, the distant, mysterious German lady of your interest, is starting to warm up to you. The smiles—real, toothy, genuine smiles—are starting to appear on her face more frequently while she is around you, and the words she showers you with are starting to become more and more...

You almost can't find the word.

...

Riddle-like. Maybe even charming

Like now, at this moment.

You're both standing on the side, over-viewing practice. Noa was demonstrating some sort of technique a few minutes ago, but he left as soon as he was done and instructed both you and Mariele to take care of the practice right before he walked out the door. 

Blank-faced and deadpan—Noel Noa is not as diligent as you'd expected.

You let out a loud, heavy sigh when the two parts of Bastard München split themselves up and start up a practice match.

Mariele looks at you, eyes sharp with an indecipherable emotion, "You're stressing yourself out far too much. Do you need me to massage you?"

You shake your head, sunken eyes looking at how the two sides play against each other with as much intensity as they would an actual match. "No... I'm fine. Just... ugh. Tired. I don't think each side will learn to synergize in time for the next game."

She spares you one of her smiles—one that feels natural and real—"Perhaps it is not a bad thing. To have two opposing sides within yourself—does it not make you wish to strive for greatness? I think the introduction of Blue Lock within this team is a good thing."