34 PROFESSIONALS WIN, WHERE'S THE SURPRISE?

34. PROFESSIONALS WIN, WHERE'S THE SURPRISE?

note: the blue lock manga is crazy. the way they drew silva's icon is astonishing. jaw dropping. if you haven't seen it, you should search it up. they did him disgustingly dirty lmao but blake's one is pretty bad too he looks like a crackhead

*⋆。˚𖦹࣪˖ ִֶָ⋆。°✩

TAKING

your seat on the silver bench, you notice that this court is not as big as the court from before, and you can hear everything on the field a lot more clearly now. Komi is still in static shock, you assume because her mouth hasn't closed once since you two had gotten here.

Her hands fly atop her head, and she stares at you with this fish-like expression of wonder that strangely reminds you of Kyouka. "Your pen-pal... is a French soccer prodigy... and you didn't even mention it once? I mean... what are even the chances? That... sounds like something straight out of a novel." She shakes her head like she's trying to wrap her head around it.

You place your bag down on the ground next to your feet, and rest your hands in your lap while looking out to the field. "It turns out that being such a prodigy so young isn't the best way to make friends that are your age. I was lonely, and I guess he was too, so we became pen-pals. I actually didn't even know his name until a few months into messaging each other, so we used nicknames. Even when he had come to Japan, I still didn't know who he was."

You snort at the memory, eyes crinkling upwards, "I guess he got lucky I wasn't a huge football fan. And even when he told me about Blue Lock inviting him over to play against us, he told me that his agency didn't want him to come, but since I had joined, he fought a little harder for it. They said it wouldn't be appropriate for somebody so young."

You remember you didn't understand it before, now that you say it aloud. At the ripe age of 16—you didn't understand what was the big deal about his whole agency thing. But now, you think, even in such a short span of two years, you've become a lot more open-minded.

"It's almost hard to imagine. I never would've thought a life like that would get so lonely," she hums thoughtfully and leans her head back. With that look on her face, Komi looks conflicted, and you can tell. Maybe, with your words, and this revelation, you have given her something to think about, long and hard.

Once everyone on the field is in position, the speaker blares out, "Welcome to Blue Lock's third selection. Team Blue versus the World 5. The same rules as the previous selection will apply here."

As usual, the whistle blows loud in your ears and signals the beginning of the match. Blue Lock gets the first kick-off, and Isagi quickly passes over to Bachira. The striker catches it with the side of his foot with ease and dribbles the ball once it's fallen to the grass.