58 BACK, ONE MORE TIME

58. BACK, ONE MORE TIME

˖*⋆。˚𖦹࣪˖ ִֶָ⋆。°✩

"Hup!" Chigiri rolls the bowling ball down the aisle with a strangely elegant form, knocking down a few bowling pins and evening out the scores between you all and the U-20.

"Hell yeah! Nice, princess!" Karasu cheers, ridding himself of that awful trench coat (now, you're sure your theory of him being made out of three mice stacked upon each other has been disproven).

Tokimitsu jumps up in joy, "It's neck and neck!"

"It'll come down to both team's last throw!" Reo announces, and you feel the anticipation creeping through your veins. 

One last try and everything will be over...! It's almost as exciting as a soccer match but without the lingering fear of getting fired if you're mediocre.

Your grin nearly splits your face in two. You don't think you've ever felt so happy. You can tell the managers beside you feel the same if their expressions are anything to go by.

"I'm counting on you, Darai!" You hear Niou shout in his signature angry voice. Some other player tells him to muster his focus, so he complies.

Under his breath, you can hear him mutter something about Buddha and granting him power—the face Jenny makes is one when you're in the middle of a lecture from your teacher and your friend tells you a funny joke, so you have to hold in your laugh as if your life depends on it.

"El Golazo!" The tatted Buddha shouts before rolling the bowling ball and getting a perfect strike. His teammates cheer in joy at the strike, while the guys on your side as growing nervous. Nobody wants to pay for dinner, after all.

They'd just make Reo treat them all, anyway.

For the last thrower on your side... it happens to be—

"You're kidding me," Himara deadpans and pushes herself off the railing she was previously leaning on. "Nope, I'm gone. See ya."

—it happens to be Nagi Seishiro. You can't say you blame Himara for her lack of faith in the man. He's practically half asleep from where he's standing—hunched over like he's homeless and he's not even holding the damned ball right.

Still, Bachira, Isagi, and Merodi all cheer him on as if he'll actually put in any effort if they do—he doesn't, but you can't say you didn't appreciate the charm—and he even trips and falls flat on the face when rolling the ball.

You see out of the corner of your eye that Komi slaps the heel of her palm onto her forehead—but you can't pull your eyes away from where the bowling ball rolls.