13 TEAM V

13. TEAM V

*⋆。˚𖦹࣪˖ ִֶָ⋆。°✩

TODAY

is the deciding match. (Yes, you are aware that you've previously said this before for the match against Team Y, but it's even more serious this time). You are one player down—with Kuon's assigned role just him standing in the corner—and this match, if you lose, you will all be packing your bags, with the sole exception of the traitor. The thought of that leaves a bittersweet feeling in your chest, and you try your hardest to wrack your brain away from those thoughts.

You wouldn't lose. They won't lose. They can't lose.

Today, you denied help with carrying your bag. Today, you decided that you would just do it yourself—even though the offer coming from the team's designated feral boy was rather tempting, as your shoulders had begun to hurt—because you didn't want to take any of their minds off the game. This was so unbelievably important to all of you—that you felt a little sick just thinking about their team.

But you know that they're all just as nervous as you are. You can see it very well. In fact, they all looked as if they hadn't gotten a wink of sleep last night—something you mentally noted to talk about after everything—and were all sweating like they were already on the field. But you didn't say anything—I mean, what could you say?—in light of the recent events of you and that snow-haired boy, and that purple-haired guy.

Stepping onto the green field felt like entering a whole new dimension. The bright lights burned into your retinas, and the smell of new soccer ball leather wafted into your nose. You could almost say you missed it—almost. You didn't even take a glance at Team V, or their manager by extension, as you slumped your bag down onto the seat and rushed over for a quick team meeting pre-game.

You point over to Team V discreetly, where you catch a glimpse of brown hair and your stomach twists. However, you don't let this show in your expression—and you keep an aloof face while you speak, "Nagi relies a lot on that purple boy. He's a lazy person by default, so it'll probably translate here too. To cut off Nagi, you need to snip his lifeline."

A chorus of agreements follows your statement, and you only wish them good luck under your breath while they run onto the field, some visibly less enthusiastic than others.

You take your seat in absolute, dreadful silence, gaze completely directed at the timer that counted down painfully slow. Three more seconds before the whistle blows—and the atmosphere feels more and more tense with each one that passes by.

The whistle blows, and Nagi immediately passes to Reo. Reo runs into Team Z's half of the field, barely over the separating line before he's blocked by both Isagi and Bachira, forcing him to pass. The ball lands at Zantetsu's feet, catching it with his left foot. He quickly runs at an angle in the direction of your goal—but is also blocked by Raichi and Naruhaya. Zantetsu, just as expected, kicks the ball over to Nagi, who is jogging painfully slowly while Igaguri head-shots the ball and steals it into Z's possession.