63 THAT WEIRD, EUROPEAN DUO

63. THAT WEIRD, EUROPEAN DUO

note: the kaiser and name interactions are very much based off these tumblr posts i see this author make and its so funny. i forgot their ACC name but the relationship between kaiser and the y/n in their stories is so effing funny i love it

˖*⋆。˚𖦹࣪˖ ִֶָ⋆。°✩

IT'S

officially been three days since you've been with your newfound German teammates, and you're not too sure it's going too well.

Firstly, you don't want to sound judgy, but they're really strange. You think Ness is a bit too obsessed with Kaiser (it's shown so evidently from the fact he follows him around like a lost puppy), but hey, you could see past that if Kaiser didn't treat him like an actual dog. He tugs on Ness' hair when he's mad, he also makes Ness wipe his hands when he touches something dirty, and you think he'd even make Ness wipe his ass from how willing the brunette is to do everything.

The rest aren't all that normal either. Grim won't stop quoting Edgar Allen Poe, Gesner doesn't stop talking about dick cheese—Mariele reprimands him a lot for this fact, and speaking of Mariele, you think she might be a little strange herself, too.

She's almost expressionless, but not in the way Noel Noa is—her face practically never changes. Sure, she glares, her eye sometimes twitches when Kaiser says something ridiculously overconfident, and she even has this look of thought when she's pondering really hard about a training method (or about whether the painting in her room is straight or not), but it's all subtle quirks that you pick up on because you spend almost every waking moment beside her.

Her face is unnaturally doll-like—you wonder why. It sort of scares you, but not in the way you wish to avoid her—you want to know more. This pale, German woman intrigues you—with her tepid glances and soft-spoken words, you want to know more about Miss Mariele.

Secondly, Kunigami has been bothering you lately. Not that he hasn't been leaving you alone or anything—no, it's the fact that he keeps leaving you alone. You don't know what happened to him between the time he was locked off until now, but whatever it was, it was bad.

It had to be bad, at least, because he's nothing like how you remember. Perhaps you were viewing him through rose-coloured lenses, but even so, this personality—so rude, so selfish, so cold—is nothing like the hero you remembered. The hero who welcomed you when you were once so rude, cold, and selfish, and the hero who told you he wouldn't wish for any other manager but yourself.