52 THE DEMON AND THE GENIUS

52. THE DEMON AND THE GENIUS

note: ryusae canon (ig in this story ur like. their plus one. maybe. kinda. for the lols)

also this chapter is a lot edgier than the others bc the flashback is right after the whole car crash (omg its actually relevant to the story wtf) and like. yeah. don't give up on this please it all gets better next chapter.

i didn't want to make it super cringe but like UGHH idk. just stay with me guys. let me cook

*⋆。˚𖦹࣪˖ ִֶָ⋆。°✩

THE 

second half begins frankly, and you're not surprised to see the absence of one of the U-20 players, whose name you do not remember—for them to be replaced by none other than Ryusei Shidou. Blue Lock's very own feral, horny demon.

So they're giving into the Blue Lock philosophy, huh?

You snort at the thought, and Ego sends you a look for it when you both sit down, and this time Anri stands by his side, while Kyouka, this time, is sitting by yours. You feel a little comforted knowing that if anything happens, she's right by your side, jacket zipped up all the way to her chin and sunken into the large chair.

Shidou sucks in a deep breath of the outside air, and he looks so at peace you wonder if it is even truly him. But you're quickly brought back to reality when he walks up to Rin and starts shit-talking him—just as usual. It's good to know it's still Shidou in there, after all.

Anri taps on her tablet and peers over the screen towards Ego, eyes wide with wonder, "They've changed their formation..." She tilts the screen closer to you, so you can see it—and she's right. Shidou has replaced Sendou Shuto as their ace.

Kyouka places her hands on her cheeks, lips pouted out like a fish, "So they're really going to use Shidou-kun in the end."

"How are you going to respond, Ego-san?" Anri asks.

Ego doesn't even spare her a glance as he throws his leg atop of his knee, slipping his fingers together and resting his chin on them, "We're not changing formations. They've already practised for the possibility of facing Shidou Ryusei. They won't fall apart so easily, and it's not like that decoration of a coach can use him properly, either."

As much as you hate to admit it, Ego is right. The coach looks ridiculously smug for somebody who hasn't made a right call since the game started—it's so abundantly clear he's following by-the-book tactics, and what a surprise, none of those have worked out so far.