SPECIAL #4 - BEACH DAY

note: you guys asked, i deliver. "thank you papa iliverae" we all say in unison.

but jokes aside i actually had a lot of fun writing this LOL its too bad i didn't get to finish before we actually hit 100k. you guys just work too fast but thank you all for reading this dumpster fire of a fanservice book so much aha (and making your way through cringy makeout scenes)

context: during the nel, a well-deserved rest was needed. what better way to rest than a fun day in the hot summer air, in a bikini, at the beach?

wc: 7.8k

˖*⋆。˚𖦹࣪˖ ִֶָ⋆。°✩

TODAY

is another day of fun (hopefully) outings. Merodi had formally informally invited each of the managers, including Anri (though, she declined almost immediately when Ego gave her a boiling stare) and Bianca and Mariele (they both also declined in favour of spending the day torturing their respective team's new recruits) to go to the sacred spot for every cute girl's hangout—the beach.

The place where women can wear skimpy bikinis without being called promiscuous names (it would happen anyway—but in a perfect world everybody would mind their own business) and the place where strange men (some of those men may happen to be named Otoya and Aiku) would check out the local fauna dressed in said skimpy bikinis.

The beach—a place you had not been in... probably a good few months since Blue Lock started. A fun family tradition would be you, your sisters, and your parents all taking a day off from whatever was going on in your lives to head down to your local beach.

It was a fun day of splashing around in the waves, ignoring all problems present in your life, and unwinding in the grainy sand. You miss it. That is why, even though you're sure this will happen to end up in disaster, you agreed. 

Even when Merodi informed you all that in fact, she got the numbers of all the Blue Lock participants, and in fact invited them all along as well (even including those such as Shidou), you still agreed to go.

Komi tried to back out multiple times. Himara threatened to bring a glock. However, it seemed your willingness to participate in a fun beach activity brought light and joy to their hearts—Komi agreed but would not wear a bikini, and Himara promised she would not bring a gun to a knife fight.

So, this is what got you in this predicament now—thirty minutes before Merodi's mom would come by with her to pick you up in her car, and thirty minutes left for you to remember everything.

Swimming outfit. A change of clothes. Sandals that won't trap sand. What else...

You ponder as you stare down at your duffel bag, filled with everything you need. Money—food stalls at the beach were always ridiculously expensive for no apparent reason, Floaties—you never know when somebody might just need some abrupt saving. Towels—plenty of towels, A robe—you'll probably be a little chilly when you get out of the water.

Apart from the obvious essentials like hair ties, deodorant, sunscreen, keys and whatever other odd things you need whenever you go out—you think you're good to go. 

You take a good look at your swimsuit. You haven't worn it in a while. A simply black two-piece with each front piece of fabric being held together with two silver rings—it's a little smaller than you would've liked, but you don't own any other kind, so you decide to just go with it.