42 A MODEL AND A SLEEPYHEAD

42. A MODEL AND A SLEEPYHEAD

*⋆。˚𖦹࣪˖ ִֶָ⋆。°✩

YOU

and your two "teammates" walk through the halls of the Blue Lock complex, the heel of your shoe tapping against the smooth stone every step you take. You try your hardest to not even glance Shidou's way, but it's close to impossible when he's pressed so close to you, that you're convinced he wants to fuse together.

"You're gonna watch me explode, right, manager-chan?!" He presses his cheek to yours, having to bend down slightly to do so—which you're sure must not be comfortable to walk like that, but he does it anyways. "And only me, not that stupid underlashes, yeah?"

"Shut the fuck up, you insect," Rin hisses, eyes narrowed into thin slits of teal at the man pressed up next to you. He looks hostile—that's what you note when you look at Rin's posture. "You're just an imbecilic stepping stone towards my glory. Why the fuck should that stupid manager watch you and your weird ass plays?"

"Really, you wanna talk weird?! Okay, you fucking bro-con—"

You wind up and slam your foot into Shidou's shin before he takes a step forward—ignoring the shooting pain that runs up your legs—and you push him back so that there's a good distance between Rin and Shidou. You are that distance—and you act like you're the last force keeping the heavens and the earth from colliding.

You push back on the side of each of their arms, bag slung around your shoulder as you do so, "Can you two stop trying to make my life as difficult as possible? I don't care what freaky plays either of you pull on the field, but if I catch you two fighting again, I won't hesitate to shock you  both into the high heavens."

Rin only clicks his tongue—clearly annoyed, but doesn't fight back. Shidou rolls his eyes but still smirks, a shit-eating expression on his face. "Yeah, whatever—just keep ya pretty eyes on me, and I'll try not to beat him to oblivion."

Well. You'll take what you can get, you think with a heavy sigh.

*⋆。˚𖦹࣪˖ ִֶָ⋆。°✩

You walk on the field, grass crunching underneath your hell unnoticed, because of the presence of the two other players here. 

Nagi... Your eyes linger on him a little longer than they should've—because he walks up to you and grabs ahold of your hands, larger palms easily enveloping their size. He looks at you with the same emotionless expression he seems to consistently carry with him.