39 TWEEDLEDEE, TWEEDLEDUM, AND TWEEDLEDUMBEST

39. TWEEDLEDEE, TWEEDLEDUM, AND TWEEDLEDUMBEST

*⋆。˚𖦹࣪˖ ִֶָ⋆。°✩

IT

didn't take longer than five minutes for you three to reach the new (and hopefully improved) battlefield, but it felt like years were taken off your life when you met the fated tweedledee, tweedledum, and tweedledumbest.

The first thing you notice when you walk on the field is—what is she wearing? The once navy blue tracksuit that you managers were each given had turned into a deep shade of black—Merodi clad in the dark fabric. It didn't even look properly dyed, it was like she used Sharpie to colour it, but it didn't seem to phase her, with how bad the clothes looked. Her silver piercings—it looked like she had more than last time—contrasted the deep tan of her skin, and she was so eye-catching that you couldn't help but stare.

Only when she meets your eyes with a stupid, arrogant smirk, do you turn your head to the side—and really, you didn't feel too embarrassed, especially not when that guy, Otoya Eita comes up to you shamelessly and says, "Woah, cutie alert. Didn't know Ego has taste."

The look you give him, not to sound brash or anything, is so empty that you think your eyes might roll back into your skull, and all you'll see is darkness. You don't even react as he walks over and starts trying to chat you up, nose scrunched and lips contorted downwards.

"How about we get some food together after the match? It would be nice to have some company," the look he gives you makes you force down a loud groan.

You shake your head, hair falling over your face as you say, with a guileless expression, "Yeah, no thanks. I think I would rather put my hand underneath a meat cleaver."

You're not in the greatest mood—not to state the obvious.

"Chill," he raises his hands in defence, and it doesn't take long before his friend, Beauty-marked Crow, walks over and drags him away before he can make a proper fool of himself, not even giving you a second glance—like this is a normal interaction in their daily lives. You don't even want to think about it.

Suddenly, the opening of doors draws your attention back towards the other side, where you were standing—there are now three new people. The ones chosen for your team in this round, are Isagi, Hiori, and Nanase (you think those are their names, anyway). 

Shidou looks them each up and down, a blonde brow raised alongside a devilish smirk, "Oh, there you all are. The small fry interns."

Rin looks less than pleased to see them, Isagi in particular, lip curling upwards in disgust and eyes are sharp as ever, "You, Isagi?"